• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sore ankle...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sore ankle...

I know a few here run and do sport... I've looked online and thought I'd see if anyone has anything to add before I decide whether or not to visit a GP... who will probably say "wait and see"

Painful to the touch about 2 inches above the ball of my ankle on the outside. Also hurts when going down-stairs but not up. Been ongoing for a couple of months, keeps going away then any sport it flares right back up. When in hot dry Dubai for a week it totally stopped hurting, then started once we were back.

My diagnosis is it looks like the Peroneus brevis since it looks like the main thing running around that area.

But no idea if I should rest it totally or if it's something to run off. I've not had a serious injury, it just seemed to start hurting after sport... already using ankle brace but it doesn't do much. Would a stronger strapping be advised?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I know a few here run and do sport... I've looked online and thought I'd see if anyone has anything to add before I decide whether or not to visit a GP... who will probably say "wait and see"

Painful to the touch about 2 inches above the ball of my ankle on the outside. Also hurts when going down-stairs but not up. Been ongoing for a couple of months, keeps going away then any sport it flares right back up. When in hot dry Dubai for a week it totally stopped hurting, then started once we were back.

My diagnosis is it looks like the Peroneus brevis since it looks like the main thing running around that area.

But no idea if I should rest it totally or if it's something to run off. I've not had a serious injury, it just seemed to start hurting after sport... already using ankle brace but it doesn't do much. Would a stronger strapping be advised?
    Welcome to Map of Medicine for NHS Evidence

Comment

You been running in heels again?

What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

That's Tony English.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Not in that photo no.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

My uncle had that .....

.... he died 6 weeks later
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              My uncle had that .....

.... he died 6 weeks later
              Did you bore him to death while he couldn't run away?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Did you bore him to death while he couldn't run away?

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

With anything like this it takes time to recover. How long are you leaving it between sports sessions? If it's only a week or two you need to give it longer. Anything around your foot and ankle is getting stressed everyday just by walking on it so it takes longer to heal than other bits that dont have to take the strain all the time.

Give it a month with no sport or other strain and if there is no improvement see if you can find a decent physio to take a look. GP will just tell you to go home and rest.

No real point in strapping it unless it's so bad you can't walk on it. You can try stuff like heat therapy (heat lamp or hot water bottle on it for 30 mins at a time) that might help speed up the recovery, but resting it is the only real solution.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    That's Tony English.
                    No it's bloody not! I don't suit green!
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X