• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Passive income

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passive income

Has anyone succesful created any 'passive income' machines?

Been reading all the 'rich dad poor dad' stuff and '4 hour working week' gubbins recently. The rather obvious premise of these is that you can only retire if you have passive income being generated e.g. from property. It all sounds very inspirational until you try and actually do this, then it starts to seem impossible!

Property - very overpriced (still)
    Online business - erm right, doing what exactly?
    Shares, Index Funds et al - maybe ask Warren Buffet
    Affiliate Marketing - seems like a miilion pyramid schemes out there

Maybe the only way is to write a book about passive income

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
    Yes thanks, just send me £1k and I'll tell you my secret.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post

Been reading all the 'rich dad poor dad' stuff and '4 hour working week' gubbins recently. The rather obvious premise of these is that you can only retire if you have passive income being generated e.g. from property. It all sounds very inspirational until you try and actually do this, then it starts to seem impossible!

Property - very overpriced (still)
      Online business - erm right, doing what exactly?
      Shares, Index Funds et al - maybe ask Warren Buffet
      Affiliate Marketing - seems like a miilion pyramid schemes out there

Maybe the only way is to write a book about passive income
      Plenty of ways to make passive income. I'm sure Jimmy Reckon will be along shortly to tell you how.....
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

My wife has a final salary pension scheme, so that's one passive income scheme, i.e. marry into money.

I'm working on a plan b at the moment, which is writing automated trading robots.

Here's some links for those interested.

Platform:
        http://www.metaquotes.net/en/metatra...ading_terminal

Broker:

MetaTrader - Smart Live Markets

Programming Language & API:

MQL4 Documentation

Books:

Expert Advisor Programming - MQL Book for MetaTrader 4

Forums:

Forex-TSD
        Forex Forum @ Forex Factory

Championship:
        http://championship.mql4.com/2008/news/540

HTH

It looks interesting. I've bought a few commercial trading robots and they show promise. I've also written my own and they are now trading. There's money in trading, selling robots, selling programming skills, etc.

PS. MF, sas and other losers will be along shortly to take the piss, but they're the one with no future and no clue.
        Last edited by DimPrawn; 24 May 2011, 09:23.

Comment

Very simple really:

Forex Trading Strategy | Day And Swing Trading System

In the future people won't work they'll just have robots trading forex.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Plan B.

Scored £100k of investment with manufacturing moved to Taiwan, distribution and marketing now totally handled by a 3rd party and they take any risk involved. All I have to do is come up with new product versions at the rate of one per year for the next three years (R&D already done).

Monthly payments for the forseeable future with not much to do.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Very simple really:

Forex Trading Strategy | Day And Swing Trading System

In the future people won't work they'll just have robots trading forex.

The more robots that trade the more the market becomes predictable (and the big boys use trading robots too) as they converge on similar most profitable strategies. This will make the market more profitable. And in the UK we use spreadbetting which is tax free too.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                It looks interesting. I've bought a few commercial trading robots and they show promise. I've also written my own and they are now trading. There's money in trading, selling robots, selling programming skills, etc.

PS. MF, sas and other losers will be along shortly to take the piss, but they're the one with no future and no clue.
                Correct.

What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Yeah whatever.

Comment

Thanks, Dim very useful - I knew you were the only one with any sense on here.

Comment

Working...
                    X