• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SKA news ... from the Guardian!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SKA news ... from the Guardian!

Gents/ladies/threaded,

Its been a while since I posted about SKA and this time I will let the Guardian speak for me: they published an article in today's paper (technology edition bit inside it) about my work, you can read it here

Special thanks go to select individuals (particularly FiddleAbout) from CUK forum who supported the project from its start - this helped greatly to not give up early!

In other news SKA reached new milestone of over 1 bln indexed web pages - relevance has been improved substantially, but a lot more will come, so stay tuned for next SKA news update!!!!

Well done AtWat. My sincerest congratulations, I hope you will still talk to us when you are rich and famous and I hope you will pay Fiddle his dues.

Well done indeed.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Congratulations!
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Well done Mr Chudnovsky!

Hope you'll remember us all after the Google buy out!

Comment

Well done ATW.

Coverage in the main-stream press is a very impressive achievement

As per other comments - dont be suprised if "Google come calling with cheque book in hand"

Comment

Congratulations

I hope you remember that we were all right behind you when google buy you out :-)

Comment

I like that last bit:

'Should Google, Yahoo, and MSN be worried? "It would be hard to push Google out of the way - they're just going to buy you out."'

Maybe you could get a bidding war between MS + google

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                Special thanks go to select individuals (particularly FiddleAbout) from CUK forum who supported the project from its start - this helped greatly to not give up early!
                Well done, Mr. A, congratulations. How did you get to the newspaper?

What happen to Fiddle anyway?
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Apologies Alex

Man and machine in perfect harmony

and to think a few years back, Alex was just another bloody FTV worker stealing our jobs........

Comment

Thanks guys!

It was rather lucky situation that Michael Pollitt (the journalist who wrote the article) is very active online with a blog, he noticed bot's unique name in his log files, followed the link to the site, got interested and emailed me with some questions and then we had short interview over phone and finally the article appeared - its nicely balanced IMO, the ending comment is funny - I highly doubt Google would be interested, but you can count on me being more than generous to those who helped me

There is certainly a LOT of work that needs to be done - but hitting 1 bln page index shows that its possible to scale in a very short time with little hardware, good incentive to continue digging in this direction, so this is the first but not last article!

To reward myself I am going to watch movie in the cinema, first time in a long time - maybe even get ice-cream or two

Comment

Working...
                    X