• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bob says you are all lazy bastards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob says you are all lazy bastards

British work-ethic condemned by Indian tycoon - Telegraph

Do the needful please, plenty cheapness and much quickness if you don't mind.

Mr Tata said that things are different in his native India.
    "If you are in a crisis, if it means working to midnight, you would do it."
    There's a ******* reason you're used to working until midnight Bob.

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
      There's a ******* reason you're used to working until midnight Bob.

It's because you're sh!te.

Comment

If there is a crisis I would be far happier knowing that the management where safely outta the building where they can't cause any more damage
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          British work-ethic condemned by Indian tycoon - Telegraph

Do the needful please, plenty cheapness and much quickness if you don't mind.
          To be fair after they took ownership they've turned it around to make £1 bln profit whilst still making real things that are in demand outside of this country.

Comment

Mr Tata, you may have noticed that most people in Britain live in clean, well maintained houses in neighbourhoods with proper roads, sewage systems and even some nice trees to freshen the air. They quite like being at home because in most cases, it's quite a nice place with a nice roast chicken in the oven. Maybe people in India stay at work longer because for many of them, going home involves leaving a comfortable, clean, air conditioned office to traipse through open sewers and piles of garbage and dying lepers on the way to a cramped and dirty little shack in the hope that their wife's scraped together enough rice for them to have a meal before grabbing a few hours kip in one room with the rest of their extended family.

But of course, Mr Tata, I expect you've forgotten how most people in India live.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              To be fair after they took ownership they've turned it around to make £1 bln profit whilst still making real things that are in demand outside of this country.
              He's probably right. Best to import 10,000 indians on ICT visas and replace the native workforce. The can get back to watching daytime TV and living on benefits like proper Brits.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Maybe people in Wandsworth stay at work longer because for many of them, going home involves leaving a comfortable, clean, air conditioned office to traipse through open sewers and piles of garbage and dying lepers on the way to a cramped and dirty little shack in the hope that their wife's scraped together enough rice for them to have a meal before grabbing a few hours kip in the shed with the rest of their extended family.

FTFY

Comment

Actually I've just read the article and he's got a point.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    He's probably right.
                    He was talking about managers specifically. In his country cost of one UK manager is probably equivalent to 100 locals, and just imagine what he thinks when he looks at tax paid (NI+Inc+Corp+BRates).

Comment

Working...
                    X