• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why are we so wrapped up in American News on TV?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are we so wrapped up in American News on TV?

I've noticed that the BBC cover so many news stories about America. IMO they cover more state side stuff than either British news, or even European news.

Not meaning to sound rude, but why is this? Have we secretly become an American state?

Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
    I've noticed that the BBC cover so many news stories about America. IMO they cover more state side stuff than either British news, or even European news.

Not meaning to sound rude, but why is this? Have we secretly become an American state?
    Try BBC News - UK rather than BBC News - Home

HTH
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
      It's the 3rd US President's state visit to UK in the last 100 years.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        No it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Perhaps I'm the only person, but...... I don't care where he is, just as long as it's not always on my TV

Comment

thank goodness there are other news channels available. Otherwise all I'd know about is what goes on in the UK, what the judges allow us to know about anyway, and what goes on in DC.

Shoot, there was an election in Canada at the beginning of the month and not a word said. Though they did report when the goverment fell. Seems the BBC trend is to report troubles in foreign lands..but not what happens afterward.

The biggest laugh I get is the weather, Ireland and Europe and just empty blobs as if nobody lives there.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
            X