• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear - Capita and New Lie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear - Capita and New Lie

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4836024.stm

The chairman of outsourcing firm Capita has quit over "spurious" claims his £1m loan to the Labour Party resulted in the group getting government contracts.
    Rod Aldridge, one of 12 donors who lent the party almost £14m in total before the last election, said he did "not want this misconception to continue".

The loan had been "my own decision as an individual, made in good faith".

Now this is downright illegal in my mind. Cnuts like Capita bribing the government for juicy public sector contracts at the tax payers expense.

How else would such companies win the contracts?

On merit?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      How else would such companies win the contracts?

On merit?
      That's a good one! On merit!!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn

The chairman of outsourcing firm Capita has quit over "spurious" claims his £1m loan to the Labour Party resulted in the group getting government contracts.
        Rod Aldridge, one of 12 donors who lent the party almost £14m in total before the last election, said he did "not want this misconception to continue".

Really? Shouldn't it have been his own decision as chairman of the company? He shouldn't be spending the company's money "as an individual".

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn

Now this is downright illegal in my mind. Cnuts like Capita bribing the government for juicy public sector contracts at the tax payers expense.

This has always been the problem with New Labour. That they act in a way which invites accusations of inpropriaty without any actual proof either way. short of a 'smoking gun' being found (in about 30 years time when papers are released, or 100 years if a Labour Government is in power then).

He may very well of decided to loan the Labour Party money but the fact his company has won contracts despite a lamentable record says the two are linked. Just as donations made to Labour by Bernie Eccleston were followed by the tobacco ban being lifted for F1 leads one to the inescapable conclusion that the two are linked.

Individually they may pass, but an accumalation of such events during the years 1997-2006 seem to stretch incredularity just a little bit too far.

Comment

Good point expat.

I think I'll spend all the companies money and when the IR investigate, I'll just tell them it was a decision as an individual.

HOW DO THESE FECKERS GET AWAY WITH IT????????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by expat
              Really? Shouldn't it have been his own decision as chairman of the company? He shouldn't be spending the company's money "as an individual".
              It sounds like it was his personal money, not the company's.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
                You're right, it does. But then why quit?

Comment

Originally posted by expat
                  You're right, it does. But then why quit?
                  Perhaps one of their projects is about to go tits up and he doesn't want to be the one standing in front of the fan when the tulip hits it.

Oh, and by the way, you've all spelt Crapita wrong.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan

..and where does he get his personal money from.

Comment

Working...
                    X