PDA

View Full Version : Is football run by dodgy geezers?

doodab
25th May 2011, 11:55
BBC Sport - Bin Hammam & Jack Warner face Fifa bribery probe (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13544347.stm)

Or could it be political machinations to make Bin Hammam look bad on behalf of Mr Blatter?

Doggy Styles
25th May 2011, 13:23
FIFA is a joke, and so is UEFA. I can't think of a good word to say about either.

SimonMac
25th May 2011, 13:41
Yes,

West Ham owned by p0rn barrons
Chelsea owned by russian mafia types
Arsenal 2nd largest investor is a russian mafia type
Darlington once owned by convicted safe robber
Fulham owner by Al-Faeyd who's tried to buy a UK Passport

Add in Ken Bates, all the past Portsmouth Managers, ex dictator Thaskin Sinawatra and more tax dodgers than I can list here and its safe to say you need to be dodgy to run a football club

Doggy Styles
25th May 2011, 14:38
Don't forget Doncaster. Their chairman had the main stand of the ground burnt down to collect on the insurance. I can't be bothered to look it up but I think his name was George Reynolds or some such.

Then there's QPR....

SimonMac
25th May 2011, 14:43
Don't forget Doncaster. Their chairman had the main stand of the ground burnt down to collect on the insurance. I can't be bothered to look it up but I think his name was George Reynolds or some such.

Then there's QPR....

George Reynolds was at Darlington not Doncaster that was Ken Richardson

TykeMerc
25th May 2011, 14:51
Of course football is run by dodgy types, it's a massive money business with a hell of a lot of associated gambling and not a little obsession. The sport is purely incidental and secondary.

Moose423956
26th May 2011, 08:51
DThen there's QPR....

Not them as well!? I've always had a soft spot for QPR, since the days of Stan Bowles.

Doggy Styles
26th May 2011, 09:37
George Reynolds was at Darlington not Doncaster that was Ken RichardsonAha, thanks. Richardson must have been the chairman who did time for the fire.

Doggy Styles
26th May 2011, 09:41
Not them as well!? I've always had a soft spot for QPR, since the days of Stan Bowles.Me too. Now they are run by Bernie Ecclestone, Lakshmi 'Super-Bob' Mittal and Flavio Briatore.

It looks like they want to sack Neil Warnock.

Moose423956
26th May 2011, 09:56
Me too. Now they are run by Bernie Ecclestone, Lakshmi 'Super-Bob' Mittal and Flavio Briatore.

It looks like they want to sack Neil Warnock.

That's not too bad, at least they aren't Russian mafia types. Who'd be a football manager these days? Achieve promotion to the top flight then get sacked for your efforts.

BA to the Stars
26th May 2011, 10:13
Jack Warner - never been the same since Dixon of Dock Green

Doggy Styles
26th May 2011, 11:27
Jack Warner - never been the same since Dixon of Dock GreenHe's changed colour too.