• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank account on VAT certificate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank account on VAT certificate

Just looked at my company's VAT registration certificate, for the first time in yonks. Why on earth did they put our bank account details on it?

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    Just looked at my company's VAT registration certificate, for the first time in yonks. Why on earth did they put our bank account details on it?
    To ensure you have a UK bank account?!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Oh, so they've got something to freeze if we miss a payment? That's as good an explanation as any, I suppose.

Comment

No idea...but suppose they just want you to be sure that the DD that's setup is to the proper account.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

They use that account detail for VAT refunds.

Any payment you make to them is not cross referenced to this account.

Comment

Hmm. These are all decent reasons why they need to know the bank details, but not for splashing it on the actual certificate.

Maybe so that if customers ask to see my VAT certificate, and I'm asking them to pay the VAT into a different account, they can tell something funny's going on?

Comment

Working...
            X