• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a lovely evening

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a lovely evening

• Finish work, seemingly satisfactory day
    • Park car in hotel carpark (reserved each week for me without asking)
    • Walk to Indian (Bangladeshi actually) and have a hot and spicy ruby (Chicken Madras)
    • Walk over the road to the bar, sit outside in the glorious sunshine with a few glasses of white wine (Grauburgunder, don't like red, smells and tastes like old vinegar) watching the girls go by (I got to 170 in 1.5 hours before I gave up counting)
    • Think about the invoice this month
    • Back to hotel and watch football
    • Finish off wioth that old standy for men in hotels

Who says contracting is hard (well sometimes it is, winter especially?)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

You count girls walking by?

Out of 170 how many did you charm?
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

None of them, I forgot to do my trousers up after going to the toilet
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Grow a pair and get chatting.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

• Walk to Indian (Bangladeshi actually) and have a hot and spicy ruby (Chicken Madras)
          • Walk over the road to the bar, sit outside in the glorious sunshine with a few glasses of white wine (Grauburgunder, don't like red, smells and tastes like old vinegar) watching the girls go by (I got to 170 in 1.5 hours before I gave up counting)

Who says contracting is hard (well sometimes it is, winter especially?)

Well, I would class that as a lovely evening. watching the world go by

well done

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Good work Darmstadt.

Excellent choice with the Madras.

Is it as you'd find in the UK or like a typical (IMHO) German curry house. I.e. Less heat, more fruity?

Comment

After ploughing through all that, nothing bad happened! Where's the punch line?!

P.S. Are you sure your car wasn't pinched?
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

Nothing to shout home about evidently
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Good work Darmstadt.

Excellent choice with the Madras.

Is it as you'd find in the UK or like a typical (IMHO) German curry house. I.e. Less heat, more fruity?
                  Its a bit of both, there are still a lot of Brits in Münster so you get the heat (you have to ask though) but all the ingredients are there. Admittedly its not the best but for €6.50 I can't argue. I tried another one here which was very weird, it was like walking into a South Pacific themed bar and the food was from a certain part of India forgot which but was very tasty. So far both the ones I have tried here (I've found 5 so far) have had Oriental women serving but sub-continent men cooking.

Normally when I go there I have a Garlic-Chicken thingie (very tasty) or the Bangladeshi Prawn curry which the owner comes out and asks how I would like it, German style (i.e. mild) or toilet in the fridge style which is actually very palatable.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    Well, I would class that as a lovely evening. watching the world go by

well done

Thank you kind sir. With the weather now becoming more friendly to this type of behaviour I shall be doing more of it. Tomorrow evening will be spent doing it here...at one of the many beverage stands

Comment

Working...
                    X