• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the population level sustainable?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the population level sustainable?

There are ten million Cats in the UK and ten million dogs.

What I want to know is, if they were all wild, and not kept and fed by us, what would the natural population be ? Also, if we went back ten thousand years, how many could the country support

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

What I want to know is, if they were all wild, and not kept and fed by us, what would the natural population be ? Also, if we went back ten thousand years, how many could the country support

Are we assuming that the cats gain command and control of the Trident nuclear deterrent? It's a critical variable.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Are we assuming that the cats gain command and control of the Trident nuclear deterrent? It's a critical variable.
      No, I wouldnt trust my cat with a bazooka, never mind an inter-continental ballistic missile.

The point I am making is that these animals are living off handouts. A bowl full of whiskas is actually a subsidy.
      Let them stand on their own four feet, then we'll see how many of them can hack it

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

No, I wouldnt trust my cat with a bazooka, never mind an inter-continental ballistic missile.

The point I am making is that these animals are living off handouts. A bowl full of whiskas is actually a subsidy.
        Let them stand on their own four feet, then we'll see how many of them can hack it

Aren't you being Non-Opposable-Thumbist?
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Well a cat can have up to seven litters a year, so if we say an average of 3 kittens per litter and they can breed from 4 months onwards............. so you're looking at a lot of mouths to feed.

Dogs only have 1 litter per year. So it looks like cat domination.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The point I am making is that once you stop feeding them, things could get ugly. You need to think this through properly and in the meantime, keep feeding them. If I'm an hour late with my kitty's dindins, he's in the cutlery drawer looking for the tomato knife.

Comment

Oh dear... Mrs EO let slip she prefers the kittys to you?

Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

What? EO's Mrs prefers Pussy?

She seems such a nice lady too.

Goes to show, you never know...

Comment

As I was going to St Ives
                  I met a man with seven wives
                  Each wife had seven sacks
                  Each sack had seven cats
                  Each cat had seven kits
                  Kits, cats, sacks, wives
                  How many were going to St Ives?

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

not prefer, as such.
                    Each and everyone has their own function, our cats catch mice and voles and show her affection. Dongo entertains her by moving his den every few days and running around in his little wheel. An I , er....erm..

I know Im good for something. I'll get back to you

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X