• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3 hours sleep. Coping strategies required.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 hours sleep. Coping strategies required.

So after working until 01:30 (having procrastinated like an expert), I couldn't get to sleep until 4. Brilliant.
    Hectic documentation, planning and meetings ahead - please take the piss freely suggest coping strategies and share war stories below.

Zzzzzzzzz.

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    So after working until 01:30 (having procrastinated like an expert), I couldn't get to sleep until 4. Brilliant.
    Hectic documentation, planning and meetings ahead - please take the piss freely suggest coping strategies and share war stories below.

Zzzzzzzzz.
    Pint of coffee with 3 sugars & a pack of pro plus
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Zzzzzzzzz.
      slow down, get selfish, learn to say no (to everything)
      dont eat, dont move your head from side to side quickly

you will look back in a few weeks and laugh. luckily, we dont have to wait that long

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Go to the loo and have a sneaky 15 minute kip using a loo roll as a pillow.

Go to the loo, come back, make your excuses and leave.

Just don't be tempted to go to bed stupidly early like 3pm. Stay up until at least 8-9pm or you will confuse your body clock.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Zzzzzzzzz.
          Delegate.

Comment

Eyeball stickers might help.

Seriously though, if you can go for a swim at some point, I find that wakes me up.

Comment

Ask NickFitz at around 4am ...

Comment

Keep a sharp pencil with you in meetings and from time to time stab yourself in the leg with it.
                Put yourself on an intravenous drip with either a red bull can or large coffee feeding it
                Get Mrs RH (or Mr RH if the rumours are true) to draw some eyes on your eyelids. Try not to snore
                Feign diarrhoea and power nap on the throne. Try not to snore
                Wear tight boots/shoes. You will in so much agony you won't sleep.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Go with the heavy caffeine and other stimulating drinks. Heavy come down later but should see you through.
                  Most people with babies are used to managing at these levels, over time and with it being night after night you adapt to the lack of sleep and can function fine. Only takes a few days of getting good sleep before you lose the capability though and a bad night is a kick in the guts.
                  Good luck...

Comment

Zzzzzzzzz.
                    Attach micro switches to your eyelids, that when your eyes shut, this closes a relay which sends 60amps to the croc clips on your gonads.

Simples.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X