• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you work on a 'traffic surveillance' project?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you work on a 'traffic surveillance' project?

Just got an e-mail from an agent I know well and don't completely distrust. Looking for a test manager to start part time and go full time later this year on a project implementing digital speed cameras and a central control room, and gathering registration plates of all cars passing a camera.

Would you?

I don't think I will.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Just got an e-mail from an agent I know well and don't completely distrust. Looking for a test manager to start part time and go full time later this year on a project implementing digital speed cameras and a central control room, and gathering registration plates of all cars passing a camera.

Would you?

I don't think I will.
    If I liked the idea of the work then of course I would, but then again I am a fan of speed cameras, they only catch people who are breaking the law, simples!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Would you?

I don't think I will.
      You could get Agent-type cars all nicked.

Comment

Could you make sure your particular license plate will end of o nthe list of vehicles excempt from fines?
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

There is only one question needing answered here.

What is the rate ??
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I did a bit of work on the London congestion zone license plate recognition camera system, but I never told anyone. Toos ashamed.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              If I liked the idea of the work then of course I would, but then again I am a fan of speed cameras, they only catch people who are breaking the law, simples!
              You obviously have never broken any laws. You also presume that the camera has been correctly calibrated in the factory, correctly fitted with the sensors in the road put in the correct place under the road and then calibrated on site and the distance markings have been painted at the correct distance; in fact many of them are not.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                There is only one question needing answered here.

What is the rate ??
                WHS+1.

If the rate is right I'll do it, assuming it's not illeagal or immoral.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  WHS+1.

If the rate is right I'll do it, assuming it's not illeagal or immoral.
                  If it's illegal or immoral just charge more.

That was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. I won't work for online gambling companies, whatever the rate.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    WHS+1.

If the rate is right I'll do it
                    FTFY
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X