• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where are these so-called cuts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are these so-called cuts?

I've seen no evidence of these much talked about government cuts.

Where I live: bins still collected weekly, pavements swept daily, silly local council newspaper full of self puffery still delivered free once a week, town recently had all road markings refreshed, some new street furniture has appeared, local police station now open longer hours, more GPs at the local surgery than ever before.

Are these cuts real?

What evidence of cuts have you seen?

Cuts are not instant - councils have to find savings over period of time.

The only instant cuts I saw locally in Birmingham is destruction of West Midlands regional agency that handled £300 mln to give local businesses, this was very fast and not a word of strikes from unions - they must be getting massive pay offs!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

The only instant cuts I saw locally in Birmingham is destruction of West Midlands regional agency that was SKA's only source of income and now I'm screwed.
      FTFY
      Last edited by eek; 26 May 2011, 11:22.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The only instant cuts I saw locally in Birmingham is destruction of West Midlands regional agency that handled £300 mln to give local businesses, this was very fast and not a word of strikes from unions - they must be getting massive pay offs!
        unions only strike when their members realise that they might have to keep up their end of the working for money arrangement
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Tough sh!t comrade. It could be worse, you could've ended up in prison like certain other Ruski entrepreneurs

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            I've seen no evidence of these much talked about government cuts.

Where I live: bins still collected weekly, pavements swept daily, silly local council newspaper full of self puffery still delivered free once a week, town recently had all road markings refreshed, some new street furniture has appeared, local police station now open longer hours, more GPs at the local surgery than ever before.

Are these cuts real?

What evidence of cuts have you seen?
            I am afraid they are cutting essentials like NHS contractors.

Comment

There are no cuts and there never will be. It was just a ploy to buy time from the credit ratings agencies.

The main plan of letting high inflation rip the debt to nothingness at the expense of a worthless currency and destruction of private sector wealth, savings, standard of living and pensions is still going strong.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

There are no cuts and there never will be. It was just a ploy to buy time from the credit ratings agencies.

The main plan of letting high inflation rip the debt to nothingness at the expense of a worthless currency and destruction of private sector wealth, savings, standard of living and pensions is still going strong.

HTH
                WHS

Anyone with savings in a bank or building society will be lambs led to the slaughter ...

(Unfortunately that includes my aged Ps! )
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

16 libraries in my area are slated for closure.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    16 libraries in my area are slated for closure.
                    16 libraries!

FFS, libraries are just somewhere for tramps to go and keep warm during the day.

Close the lot. If you want a book, buy one from Amazon. Bloody expect it all for free.

Comment

Working...
                    X