• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Double standards on the BBC (for a change)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double standards on the BBC (for a change)

The BBC have once again shown double-standards in its broadcasts.

As we all recall, the Beeb made sure that none of their programs displayed those "deeply offensive" cartoons depicting Mohammed (pbuh) in various poses that upset all those peace loving and tolerant muslims.

Last night, I happened to catch BBC2's "Desi DNA" program (which for those that dont know is a "Asian arts,culture and entertainment show")

During the show they quite happily broadcast an asian fella reading lengthy passages from the poem by James Kirkup called "The Love That Dares To Speak Its Name" which infers Jesus was a homosexual including those where Jesus gets his c0ck sucked by a roman centurion etc.

I am all for free-speech and dont actually object to the poem - but I do object to the double-standards that the BBC seem to apply to its content.

My argument is simple, why in Britain 2006 you can happily broadcast poems about Jesus having his c0ck sucked by a roman centurion but you better not dare to publish a few cartoon about Mohammed.

Complain to the broadcast standards authority!

Oh thats right...no such thing exists in this country!

Anyway, we all know that islam is sacred the sacred boar in this christian/catholic/CoE country these days! If you question that then you are oviously a racist dawg!

Mailman

Comment

Absolutely

The sacred cow that is Islam must be allowed to trample over every other creed and faith for fear of provoking the militant Islamic youth into packing a suicide bomb.

Speaking as an avowed atheist - I find all of these 'faiths' repugnant, nasty, medieval and irrational.

Perhaps more atheists should strap a bomb to their backs and cry "there is no fecking God you morons!" before pushing the button.
      Last edited by bogeyman; 23 March 2006, 13:03.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
        If you question that then you are oviously a racist dawg!Mailman
        Too true. And that is what really hacks me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
          Complain to the broadcast standards authority!
          Ihave just raised a formal complaint on the BBC website

Lets see what the ferkers have to say

Comment

Originally posted by cswd
            Watch someone die of a brain disorder. That'll take any faith you had and sling it in the dunny.
            Yes. Good people die horribly. Innocents are slaughtered every day. Bastards live to a good old age. So where is God in all of this? Moving in mysterious ways I expect - my feckin arse he is!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
              Perhaps more atheists should strap a bomb to their backs and cry "there is no fecking God you morons!" before pushing the button.
              I nearly burst of laughing at that one ......pity I'm at work
              Just trying to get by!

Comment

Do you seriously think that a responsible broadcaster would produce a program that mocked Islam? I doubt that it is anything to do with being PC, but rather the desire to lead a normal life.

Salman Rushdie had to go into hiding with Special Branch protection after writing the Satanic Verses. A few cartoons led to the torching of some embassies, several deaths, and a crippling hit to Denmark's exports esp. bacon and beer.

In contrast, if someone mocks Christianity, one sandle wearing cardigan clad chap might in a fit of pique write a letter to the Times saying something like "I say old chap, this won't do you know, it's not cricket".

Comment

Then in that case expel muslim 'activists' who behave in this way from western Europe.

Send them to mecca by al queda airlines. Without enough fuel to quite reach the airport.... with a baggage hold full of pigs blood, the autopilot switched on the controls disabled.
                  Vieze Oude Man

Comment

That's exactly it.

When it comes to printing pictures of soldiers beating up Iraqi locals - which might endanger the soldiers' lives - it's in the public interest and good journalism.

When it comes to printing cartoons so everybody knows what the fuss is about- which might endanger the journalists' lives - it would be insensitive.

Comment

Working...
                    X