• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OK own up, which one of you is this??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK own up, which one of you is this??

A CRUEL golfer has been fined £750 and banned from his local club after battering a fox with his driving iron – because it was trying to steal his chocolate biscuit.

Donald Forbes became enraged when he caught the animal trying to snatch the Tunnocks Wafer from his golf bag.

The 55-year-old ran at the fox screaming and struck it on the head with his club.

Forbes, a self-employed contract consultant in the oil industry, lives close to the plush Peterculter Golf Club, in Aberdeen, where he’s been a member for 12 years.

On September 10 last year he was playing with friend Graham Duthie, also 55, when they saw the fox.

Forbes, told the city’s sheriff court: “The fox was attacking my bag.

“It was an instinctive reaction. I felt threatened and angry.”

He said that another player then found the severely injured fox and killed it using a wooden chair.

Forbes was suspended from the golf club.

John Robins of Animal Concern said: “Golf is an expensive game and I would imagine this is not a large sum of money for this man. He should have been made an example of.”
    Linky
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Not me. I would never lower myself to something so base and depraved as joining a golf club.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Turns out it was relatively tame and well known on the course, being fed regularly by players.

Fox attack golfer Donald Forbes breaks cover | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
      X