• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Please help! contract in Belgium, looking for a very good accountant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help! contract in Belgium, looking for a very good accountant

hi,

im new to this site. I'm posting this as my husband got offered a contract job in belgium paying 400EU for a year. I have done some search but still confused. We are confused whether it will be worth it. He got a limited company set up already this week, he doesnt have the business bank account yet. He is confused whether to use his limited company, get a UK accountant and belgian accountant, is that right? Is it OK if terminates his contract in BE before the 183 days?

Calling wogewwabbit, i wonder if you found any accountant already? are you still working as a contractor in belgium? could you help please? please refer to us your accountant, pls sned it on charm586atyahoodotcom. I would really appreaciate your help.

anyone here who's working currently in BE that we can call by phone? please email me on the same address above.

many thanks.

Originally posted by sweetcookie08 View Post
    hi,

im new to this site. I'm posting this as my husband got offered a contract job in belgium paying 400EU for a year. I have done some search but still confused. We are confused whether it will be worth it. He got a limited company set up already this week, he doesnt have the business bank account yet. He is confused whether to use his limited company, get a UK accountant and belgian accountant, is that right? Is it OK if terminates his contract in BE before the 183 days?

Calling wogewwabbit, i wonder if you found any accountant already? are you still working as a contractor in belgium? could you help please? please refer to us your accountant, pls sned it on charm586atyahoodotcom. I would really appreaciate your help.

anyone here who's working currently in BE that we can call by phone? please email me on the same address above.

many thanks.

Hi Cookie

Is the gig anything to do with dogs ?
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Your post is in the wrong section.

In short "No your husband can't do what you suggested. It's not allowed in Belgium."

This thread has the information you need http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-security.html
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        In short "No your husband can't do what you suggested. It's not allowed in Belgium."
        Which comes as something of a shock considering what you can get away with
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

400euro for a year sounds like a very low rate, would that even cover the accountant?
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

hi,

many thanks.
            Does he have a work permit?

Comment

hi, thanks for the reply.. apologies if this post is in the wrong section. How can this be moved to the correction section?

Stek, he doesnt have a work permit, he is british.. if he's on one year contract, does he really need to have a work permit though he is a contractor from UK?

Actually, it was not 400EU!!! it was only £390 EU for a year contract.. not included the accountant's fee. he needs to spend everything in belgium, accomodation, fare, food..

also, 1 question, can he rent a room for a month as it is cheaper than B&B? then move to another room for rent in the next month?

Why he is not allowed to terminate his contract?

Comment

hi, thanks for the reply.. apologies if this post is in the wrong section. How can this be moved to the correction section?

Stek, he doesnt have a work permit, he is british.. if he's on one year contract, does he really need to have a work permit though he is a contractor from UK?

Actually, it was not 400EU!!! it was only £390 EU for a year contract.. not included the accountant's fee. he needs to spend everything in belgium, accomodation, fare, food..

also, 1 question, can he rent a room for a month as it is cheaper than B&B? then move to another room for rent in the next month?

Why he is not allowed to terminate his contract?
                I worked in Brussels for a couple of years. UK limited company, UK accountant, no putting my head above the Belgian tax parapet was required, no work permit required.

Sorted a decent class apartment but prices then were expensive at around 2000 euro per month plus utils. Probably not much different now.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                X