• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Air France Crash - shocking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air France Crash - shocking

Plane took 3 minutes to drop out of the sky:

link

I used to use that route quite a lot. May their should rest in peace is all I can say really.

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    May their should rest in peace is all I can say really.
    You might wanna try saying it again.
    You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
      You might wanna try saying it again.
      Yeah,
      and do it before you chase the dragon this time round!!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I can only begin to imagine the horror! This is why you will never get me on a plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotgal View Post
          I can only begin to imagine the horror! This is why you will never get me on a plane.
          No fear of flying as long as I'm in the cockpit. Three and a half minutes in near free fall contemplating your death isn't a nice way to go but won't stop me flying. Horror indeed.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Scotgal View Post
            As long as your pilots are Western and you get on and off the plane in a developed country including connections, you don't have a problem.

I could post a link to the pilots forum I found a few months ago but then it would scare you tulipless..... To put it this way in some countries with extremely large populations it's definitely safer to travel internally by road and rail.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              No fear of flying as long as I'm in the cockpit. Three and a half minutes in near free fall contemplating your death isn't a nice way to go but won't stop me flying. Horror indeed.
              I would suggest watching the complete “air crash investigation” series (available on youtube). It has valuable lessons not just for flying but for also for management of situations.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                I would suggest watching the complete “air crash investigation” series (available on youtube). It has valuable lessons not just for flying but for also for management of situations.
                I worked at Farnborough many years ago, had some contact with AAIB. Can't say much but it was a sobering experience and made me a better pilot. I don't need any education about air safety.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  I worked at Farnborough many years ago, had some contact with AAIB. Can't say much but it was a sobering experience and made me a better pilot. I don't need any education about air safety.
                  I found the series interesting not just because of the air safety aspect but interesting in how a critical situation can come about even with the most experienced pilots due to in-depth instincts taking president over logic or wrongly laid down procedures.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

In a passage likely to attract scrutiny, the BEA said the pilot 'maintained nose-up inputs' when a fresh stall warning went off 46 seconds after the autopilot disengaged itself.

The BEA declined to say whether this was the correct action to take and the information given so far does not give a complete picture of the information displayed to the crew.

But the response contrasts with the latest advice to pilots contained in an Airbus training seminar in October last year, according to a document obtained by Reuters.
                    In large red capital letters, the document says that in the event of a stall warning, pilots should 'APPLY NOSE DOWN PITCH CONTROL TO REDUCE AOA (ANGLE OF ATTACK)'.

I'm no expert but this is really basic stuff isn't it? I fly power kites and sail so I have a basic understanding of how aerodynamics work, it seems obvious to me that pulling the nose up in a stall is never going to work.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X