• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good Girl.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Girl.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...ds/4837206.stm

Read and discuss. Not convicted so should have all Fingerprints and DNA evidence destroyed.
    Veni, Vidi, Bibi

Scary

Her legal team, headed by barrister Mary McKeone, lodged the judicial review challenge claiming the decision to take the samples breached the terms of the 1984 Police and Criminal Evidence Act.

We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

this ruling has really made my day.

I will celebrate with a pint of lager on the train back up t'north tonight (with the prices that GNER charge for a can of beer one has to keep it to special occasions only)

Comment

Buy a four pack of Stella from Tesco. That should see you through the first hour.

Veni, Vidi, Bibi

Comment

Why the fuss? If she has done nothing wrong then she has nothing to worry about.

Everyone's DNA and other biometrics should be on file.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
            Why the fuss? If she has done nothing wrong then she has nothing to worry about.

Why ?

Comment

Maybe she's not worried, but angry. If only criminals' DNA is on file, then if you're not a criminal you should be able to insist that yours not be; even if you have nothing to worry about it being on file.

Comment

I would have no problem with a file of that type being kept if I hade been convicted. We live in a state that says you are innocent until proven guilty. If you keep the biometrics of innocent people, then are you not saying that they are innocent until proven guilty but I bet they have something to hide.
                Veni, Vidi, Bibi

Comment

It is only the circumstances of the taking of the samples that have allowed her to have them removed. If the Police had taken the samples before the CPS decided there was no case then (while she was still in proper custody) the samples could have been kept. The same applies to her claim for assault and illegal imprisonment. The CPS had already said she was not a suspect so the Police had no right to take her dabs and DNA (Assault) and had no right to bang her up.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

You have nothing to fear????????

Lets just do a little arithmetic then shall we. Lets say we have a 10 marker match. The boffins will call this a billion to one chance of a false match. Now lets have a database of 4 million samples. Ooops I make that a 250/1 chance of getting a false match from the database.

Still have nothing to fear????

Comment

Working...
                    X