• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I was just doing my job guvnor...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just doing my job guvnor...

BBC News - Queen safety police wheel-clamped in Portsmouth

Not sure who I feel less sorry for here...
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    BBC News - Queen safety police wheel-clamped in Portsmouth

I was really hoping that was going to be the cowboy clampers who affected my business year before last.

Expect a massive increase in clamping for the rest of the year because come the end of it, they are all out of jobs because clamping on private land in the UK will be banned.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

I think I'd side with the rozzers on this one, if it wasn't for the fact that other news sources say that the clamper denies that the coppers were actually sitting in the cars, and also claims that when they identified themselves he told them he would remove the clamps without charge if they provided proof that they were on duty, whereupon they nicked him; and further claims that he was indeed displaying his badge correctly.

Let me think: if the coppers had, against orders, wandered off somewhere and, on returning, found their cars had been clamped, how might they go about concealing their dereliction of duty from their superiors? Could they perhaps think along the lines of an "Our word against his" situation muddying the waters sufficiently that no disciplinary action could be taken, even at the cost of wasting a bit of the magistrates court's time?

Is there a doughnut shop in the vicinity of this residents-only parking bay? That is the first point any investigation should examine

Comment

Working...
      X