• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pole position

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pole position

So will Lewis Hamilton or Fernando Alonso be able to nick it or will the Red Bulls stay on top?

We'll know in a few hours. Then we have some footie.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    So will Lewis Hamilton or Fernando Alonso be able to nick it or will the Red Bulls stay on top?

We'll know in a few hours. Then we have some footie.
    Alonso seemed to be doing quite well in the practice.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

And the other question is, is starting from pole as good as it used to be? Or is saving your tyres during practise a better strategy, and changing them for fresher ones before the guy in front?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        And the other question is, is starting from pole as good as it used to be? Or is saving your tyres during practise a better strategy, and changing them for fresher ones before the guy in front?
        Well if Webber's start last week was anything to go by then pole position starting is a waste of time, but that's just him really. A lot of the others have changed strategy so that they have enough tyre to keep them going to the end and that they are not conserving them rather than getting a decent position. that was the only reason Hamilton didn't take on Vettel last week as he was pacing him quite nicely on the last few laps.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          At Monaco, yes.

All seems quite even between Mclaren, Red Bull and Ferrari so far.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            At Monaco, yes.

All seems quite even between Mclaren, Red Bull and Ferrari so far.
            Ferrari don't seem to have the car this year and red bull definitely have the edge, will have to see what changes McLaren have made.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The trick at Monaco is to keep the car out of the crash barriers, as Rosberg and Liuzzi just found out .
              I think Alonso is looking good for the win.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Ferrari don't seem to have the car this year and red bull definitely have the edge, will have to see what changes McLaren have made.
                So far at Moncao I meant. Red Bull's advantage is all aerodynamic; Ferrari look better this year on mechanical grip (i.e. low speed corners). McLaren make their tyres last longer (especially Button) which is why they keep doing better in races than qualifying.

We'll see. I'd like to see Alonso get pole, but then my money would be on Hamilton to win the race. Unless that is Red Bull have been sandbagging, have a 1 second a lap advantage, and Vettel just strolls from lights to flag.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  The trick at Monaco is to keep the car out of the crash barriers, as Rosberg and Liuzzi just found out .
                  I think Alonso is looking good for the win.
                  Certainly is and Monaco is one of those races where pole is what you need to keep yourself in the race. Will be interesting to see how the tyre strategies will affect the positioning.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    Unless that is Red Bull have been sandbagging, have a 1 second a lap advantage, and Vettel just strolls from lights to flag.
                    I don't think they used the super soft tyres in final practice but Alonso and the Maclarens did. I reckon they are worth over 1s a lap so I wouldn't be surprised to see them come out ahead.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X