• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parakeets intimidate garden birds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parakeets intimidate garden birds

There are now an estimated 31,000 parakeets in the UK - mostly in and around London and south-east England. And the latest "parakeet census" shows that their numbers are increasing at an average of 23% per year.

BBC Nature - Parakeets guilty of intimidating garden birds - study
    Yeah, all very interesting/disturbing whatever, but the question is:

But this study, led by PhD student Hannah Peck...
    Did Hannah get involved in this study by chance or was it preordained?

Another question I have regarding this study is, is Hanah a pretty girl, preeetty girl. Who's a pretty giiiirl?

Comment

There are quite a few research projects at universities in the London and the South East going on involving those bloody noisy birds.

I wish sometimes someone would take a shot gun to them. They are nearly as annoying as seagulls.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        There are quite a few research projects at universities in the London and the South East going on involving those bloody noisy birds.

I wish sometimes someone would take a shot gun to them. They are nearly as annoying as seagulls.
        Has anyone researched whether they taste good?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Has anyone researched whether they taste good?
          I don't want to be caught by any of the local children.

Though maybe if I'm nicer to the neighbour's cat he may bring me a present of one. Though he's more interested in chasing grey squirrels and scaring dogs......

Comment

I don't want to be caught by any of the local children.

Though maybe if I'm nicer to the neighbour's cat he may bring me a present of one. Though he's more interested in chasing grey squirrels and scaring dogs......
            Grey squirrels taste very good. Need marinading first.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Grey squirrels taste very good. Need marinading first.
              The problem is that they eat as much crap as London pigeon as they are even better at eating out of dustbins then foxes.

I bet red squirrel would be better but I like red squirrels as they are cute and not rat like.

I don't find cows, sheep, chickens, goats, turkeys, pigs, deer and rabbits cute so have no problem eating them.

Comment

The problem is that they eat as much crap as London pigeon as they are even better at eating out of dustbins then foxes.

I bet red squirrel would be better but I like red squirrels as they are cute and not rat like.

I don't find cows, sheep, chickens, goats, turkeys, pigs, deer and rabbits cute so have no problem eating them.
                lambs are cute. but their legs are great

yum yum

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

yum yum

and shoulders (slow roasted), hearts (pot roasted and stuffed), livers (with sage and onion), loin (herbed and roasted), neck (stewed with chorizo and red wine)
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

yum yum

They aren't cute at the age they end up on most people's dinner tables.

It's a bit like teenagers not being cute though they are children if they are under 18.

Comment

Working...
                    X