• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mad Hamster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mad Hamster

Our hamster escaped from his cage on Saturday night, and guess where the missus found him on Sunday am ? yes, back in his cage.

As he was running around on the table top, he came across a box of hamster treats. He must have spent most of the night ferrying them across the top, up into the cage, up the pipe to his little observation tower then into his wheel.
    The entire bofull was in his wheel, plus the shredded box.
    Then he moved house to be at the bottom of the pipe, the fell asleep.

barmy little rascal

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Well trained. Last one we had gnawed a big hole in the corner of our new carpet.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      Our hamster escaped from his cage on Saturday night, and guess where the missus found him on Sunday am ? yes, back in his cage.

As he was running around on the table top, he came across a box of hamster treats. He must have spent most of the night ferrying them across the top, up into the cage, up the pipe to his little observation tower then into his wheel.
      The entire bofull was in his wheel, plus the shredded box.
      Then he moved house to be at the bottom of the pipe, the fell asleep.

barmy little rascal

Sounds like he had a good night. Lots of exercise, all his natural instincts catered for and a good kip afterwards. The hamster equivalent of a really good night on the town
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Sounds like Hamster's Grand Night Out to me. Great mental image, plus all the little torn-up bits of the box. Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Sounds like he had a good night. Lots of exercise, all his natural instincts catered for and a good kip afterwards. The hamster equivalent of a really good night on the town
          but hamsters that escape are supposed to make a run for it, or hide in outrageous places
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            but hamsters that escape are supposed to make a run for it, or hide in outrageous places
            So given the opportunity to load up the fridge, get himself a new mattress and crash in his own comfortable pad he was supposed to pass that up and sleep rough in some dusty corner behind the sideboard?

Sounds like a remarkable sensible fella to me

Have you thought that the reason he makes a run for it or hides somewhere strange is cos you are chasing him to try and get him back in his box? Leave him to it and he'll sort himself out by sound of it
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Smart little fella!

I'm guessing you don't have cats as well? One of ours emptied the nesting box of baby Blue Tits over the weekend and has decimated the local shrew and mouse population...
              Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
              X