• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got a Bosch condensing tumble dryer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got a Bosch condensing tumble dryer?

If so, which model? Does it have to be plumbed-in in any way? Or does it need just a mains plug?

How do you like / rate yours?

I'm thinking of getting this one, particularly for its reduced ironing feature:
    Buy Bosch Exxcel WTW84360 Sensor Condenser Tumble Dryer, White online at JohnLewis.com

I hate ironing

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    If so, which model? Does it have to be plumbed-in in any way? Or does it need just a mains plug?

Buy Bosch Exxcel WTW84360 Sensor Condenser Tumble Dryer, White online at JohnLewis.com

I hate ironing
    Condensers need no plumbing normally, my one (not a Bosch) has an option to feed the tank water out into the drain which is handy, cos it's a pain in the arse emptying the tank every half hour.

Also the filters need cleaning quite often, just pull it out and peel the lint off...

Comment

I hate ironing
      Have had this one on heavy duty use for 2 years, no complaints. Just requires a plug, no plumbing, but you need to empty out the water out of the tray before every run:
      It doesn't have a reduced ironing feature but I think those things are gimmicks - you'll still need to iron

Buy John Lewis JLTDH15 Condenser Sensor Tumble Dryer, White online at JohnLewis.com
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

We have two Meile ones in the washing room downstairs. No plumbing, but you have to empty the tank.

Haven't tried the no iron features as I only use them for bedlinen.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I'm thinking of getting this one, particularly for its reduced ironing feature

I hate ironing
          My condenser isn't plumbed in you just empty the tank pretty well each use.

But "reduced ironing feature" WTF? Just take the stuff out when it finishes rather than leaving it in to cool and crease!

Works for shirts, trousers sometimes need a quick rub over but most stuff is wearable, unless your the sort of person/nob-end who irons socks and hankies.
          Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
          Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
            My condenser isn't plumbed in you just empty the tank pretty well each use.

But "reduced ironing feature" WTF? Just take the stuff out when it finishes rather than leaving it in to cool and crease!

Works for shirts, trousers sometimes need a quick rub over but most stuff is wearable, unless your the sort of person/nob-end who irons socks and hankies.
            You have trousers you can tumble dry? You know that's not the same thing as dry cleaning don't you?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              You have trousers you can tumble dry? You know that's not the same thing as dry cleaning don't you?
              I do have some trousers I can tumble dry - Cargo Pants, Chinos and various fairly casual sorts of trousers.

I don't tumble dry suit trousers, as you imply they go to the dry cleaners.
              Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
              Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

I hate ironing
                How about a plan B. Charter a ship and employ some cheap Asians to do laundry and ironing on the ship anchored off the three mile limit and not subject to UK employment regulations. Charge ten quid a load.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I hate ironing
                  I bought the missus one of the "iron aid" dryers for her birthday last year....it's what she asked for (honest). As to how good it is, dunno, I don't do the ironing, but I do know it uses the evaporated water collected in the tank to inject steam back into the cycle whilst drying, which is apparantly what helps reduce the creases. I think she's happy with it. Not too much help i'm afraid.

Comment

The woman deals with "that kind of thing".

Comment

Working...
                    X