• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking for a mid-life crisis theme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a mid-life crisis theme

As I approach 40, naturally my mind has turned to the meaningless of life.

Any ideas of what I can do for my mid-life crisis? Bear in mind that:

Mrs OG would not countenance anything that would threaten the sanctity of our marriage and I have the good sense to defer to Mrs OG on such matters. Indeed she will have the right of veto on this.

Not interested in cars / motorbikes etc.

I'm thinking a project, perhaps business related, or perhaps not. Any experience of successful mid-life crisis would be especially welcome.

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Any ideas of what I can do for my mid-life crisis? Bear in mind that:

Mrs OG would not countenance anything that would threaten the sanctity of our marriage and I have the good sense to defer to Mrs OG on such matters. Indeed she will have the right of veto on this.

Not interested in cars / motorbikes etc.

I'm thinking a project, perhaps business related, or perhaps not. Any experience of successful mid-life crisis would be especially welcome.
    Help the Aged, gain a few brownie points!

Comment

You could do one of those "Walk the Sahara desert for charidee" type things.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Help the Aged, gain a few brownie points!
        Not a bad idea.

If it's MF, can I just help him halfway across the main road?

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          Should have added, I have two kids under 3, so it needs to fit in with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            How about a trek to the North-Pole?

For real this time

Comment

Mid-life crisis is all about doing the things you should have done when you were younger, but didn't because of money or circumstances, like drive fast cars/motorbikes, shag lots of ladies etc.

So you need to think of what you feel you have missed out on and won't be able to do as you enter terminal decline.

Perhaps you could take up glue sniffing or smash up some bus shelters?

Comment

Which direction are you approaching it from OG ?

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Learn to play the saxamaphone.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Mid-life crisis is all about doing the things you should have done when you were younger, but didn't because of money or circumstances, like drive fast cars/motorbikes, shag lots of ladies etc.

So you need to think of what you feel you have missed out on and won't be able to do as you enter terminal decline.

Perhaps you could take up glue sniffing or smash up some bus shelters?
                    Did plenty of that kind of thing as a youngster. I guess I'm looking to channel the energy into something positive.

Comment

Working...
                    X