• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public liability / professional indemnity - how much cover?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public liability / professional indemnity - how much cover?

Hi all,

What levels of cover would you recommend for PL and PI?

I'm a contractor doing mainly digital project management, but also some web development.

I work agency-side, and so my clients typically don't have a requirement of a minimum amount of cover in their contracts.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Originally posted by johnsample View Post
    What levels of cover would you recommend for PL and PI?
    If you are the only employee, you are the company director and 50%+ shareholder then you don't need any insurance at all. I wouldn't bother if my client's didn't demand to see the certificates.

If you really want it then I'd say just go for the minimum that is offered by the mainstream insurers (do a search here and you will find their names).
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Only buy as much insurance as the current contract demands. I've had up to £1mil on PI before because the agent and client asked for it but usually keep it around £250k. PL floats around £1mil to £5mil, again depending on the client requirement.

Comment

Working...
      X