• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British people living the high life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British people living the high life

Estate residents 'stole spoilt ham and pies from Tesco bin' - Telegraph

They've never had it so good!

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    There's a guy who goes into my local pub - often has stuff like ham or steaks for sale. I don't think it came from the sell-by-date bin though. Never bought anything from him yet, but I understand he has some great deals on salads at the moment.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Beats me why she was prosecuted.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        There's a guy who goes into my local pub - often has stuff like ham or steaks for sale. I don't think it came from the sell-by-date bin though. Never bought anything from him yet, but I understand he has some great deals on salads at the moment.
        Just don't ask for a Waldorf Salad if you want to live
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Did they turn their noses up at salads?

Comment

How is it stealing if they took it from a bin?

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
              How is it stealing if they took it from a bin?
              Because it is still property.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Because it is still property.
                Quite, I'm sure all the Marxists were screaming guilty
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

She told the police that she did not know what she was receiving and was disappointed there was so much ham as she would have preferred some steak.
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

And I bet the court case cost more than the ham she recieved.

What a waste of time and money, who bought the case? Tesco? For what purpose. It was in the bin and had no monetary value.

I'm sure there are more important things the police can be doing with there time.

Better to be feeding humans than crows on the landfill site it would have ended up on.

Pret a Manger and similar restaurants in London always have queues outside at closing time with homeless people waiting for the excess sandwiches, and I think it has become more organised, than a free for all.
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X