• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lowering resting heart rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering resting heart rate

When does it start getting lower when you run regulary? How many miles a week to get it down to 40?

Originally posted by russell View Post
    When does it start getting lower when you run regulary? How many miles a week to get it down to 40?
    Mine was 40 when I got into the habit of running 60 - 70 miles per week.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

running regularly knackers your knees and is not the best for cardio.

Get on that rowing machine instead, you'll notice the difference in no time.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
        Can you still walk a straight line? Any lasting pain in your knees from that amazing effort?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

From 60 to 0 in 60 seconds. Nnnnnnnnnnnn.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Can you still walk a straight line? Any lasting pain in your knees from that amazing effort?
            I'm fine thanks. I reduced the running a lot when I got my first contract - in Qatar.
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              running regularly knackers your knees and is not the best for cardio.

Get on that rowing machine instead, you'll notice the difference in no time.
              I enjoy running (outside) though, and my knees are ok, not had a problem, good trainers and running technique help. I would find a rowing machine boring.

Comment

I'm fine thanks. I reduced the running a lot when I got my first contract - in Qatar.
                Were you running away from people shouting 'Here! Take this suitcase of money and let us host a major international sporting event!!!!'

?
                Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Mine is 65 just now, need to get my mileage up.

Comment

Why do you want your heart rate to be lower? I'd have thought there are better indicators of your training having a positive effect than your heart rate being marginally lower, which although an indicator of fitness is not always an accurate reflection of ones level of fitness. Isn't reduced recovery times a more meaningful reflection of progress?

Comment

Working...
                    X