• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK climate DOOM!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK climate DOOM!

Wind farms: Britain is 'running out of wind' - Telegraph

According to government figures, 13 of the past 16 months have been calmer than normal - while 2010 was the “stillest” year of the past decade.

Meteorologists believe that changes to the Atlantic jet stream could alter the pattern of winds over the next 40 years and leave much of the nation’s growing army of power-generating turbines becalmed.

All them wind farms and guess what, Britain is running out of wind. Can we start importing wind? Perhaps generating large amounts of wind could be the next plan b.

Originally posted by pjclarke
    Do keep up ...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-out-wind.html

I guess you two buy a single copy of the Telegraph (for the in-depth and informed climate science coverage) and share it between you?
    Sorry my laptop blew away in the gales last week so I couldn't login.

Comment

So what uprooted all those trees in Scotland last week

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        So what uprooted all those trees in Scotland last week
        Voldemort and a bad dose of constipation

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X