• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£100 less is better!?!?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£100 less is better!?!?!

Felt the need to share because I was flabergasted by this ....

Got a call from an agent (I believe from his accent that you would call him Bob ) telling me about a contract and asking my details. Told him I am in a contract but would consider moving if it was closer to home or worth more. I live in Berkshire but my current contract is based in Aberdeen, he tells me the role is exciting but based in Manchester and asks me my current rate. I tell him and he says would I do it for £100 less .... WTF!!! I said no I would not move for £100 less and he said I won't get it unless I do. I said why the f... would I want to even consider it as I am already getting the £100 more??

Does anyone ever actually get contracts via these Indian call centre agencies???

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
    Does anyone ever actually get contracts via these Indian call centre agencies???
    Yes, Bobs do. Next question.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

...but it's better than your current providings.....

Comment

Got a call from an agent (I believe from his accent that you would call him Bob ) telling me about a contract and asking my details. Told him I am in a contract but would consider moving if it was closer to home or worth more. I live in Berkshire but my current contract is based in Aberdeen, he tells me the role is exciting but based in Manchester and asks me my current rate. I tell him and he says would I do it for £100 less .... WTF!!! I said no I would not move for £100 less and he said I won't get it unless I do. I said why the f... would I want to even consider it as I am already getting the £100 more??

Well technically he did meet your specified criteria, it was closer to home
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Well technically he did meet your specified criteria, it was closer to home
          Good point, well presented ....

Comment

You see cheap Bobs who come over from India on various backdoor visas that the government has kindly given them will do these jobs for cheapest possible price. So the indian call centre agencies assume the same is true of all the IT professionals in this country.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Yep this happened to me in my last role. An indian agency called me and said are you looking? I said yes. He said what's your current rate? I said £xxx/day. He goes I have an excellent role which is going for £xxx - £80/day. I was like wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                Yep this happened to me in my last role. An indian agency called me and said are you looking? I said yes. He said what's your current rate? I said £xxx/day. He goes I have an excellent role which is going for £xxx - £80/day. I was like wtf?
                He has a script and is doing the needful. What do you expect.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

Same for me, was on £420/day here in Leeds, still in contract, wanted me to jump ship for similar role for, I kid you not, £120/day and miles away. This was IdM/LDAP work, not putting PC's on desks....

I think it was TechM, but it was a while back...

Comment

To be fair it's not just Indian agencies, I've had English ones pulling the same trick. It's only when you ask why would I leave a contract to earn X less per day do they finally shut up
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                    X