• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

The trailer for the Hollywood movie of the book has been released.

Worth reading the book(s) before watching this or just dive in with the David Fincher movie when it is released?

i have seen all 3 dvd's without reading the books.

highly recommended

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

The 1st two of the book trilogy are good, the 2nd being the best, the 3rd is quite turgid.
      Not sure Hoolywoood can better the native DVDs.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

The 1st two of the book trilogy are good, the 2nd being the best, the 3rd is quite turgid.
        WHS - Unremitting gloom, seemingly for the sake of it.

I gave up after half an hour.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I found the 3rd book rather hard work, but I did finish it in the end.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            The trailer for the Hollywood movie of the book has been released.

Worth reading the book(s) before watching this or just dive in with the David Fincher movie when it is released?
            The books aren't as good as the hype would suggest. If you want to read a 1,900-page feminist rant illustrated with characters who spend most of their time drinking coffee and humping each other, then by all means give it a shot.
            You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
              The books aren't as good as the hype would suggest. If you want to read a 1,900-page feminist rant illustrated with characters who spend most of their time drinking coffee and humping each other, then by all means give it a shot.
              Well that's clearly a matter of opinion. I found the 3rd book just fine, in fact I think I enjoyed it more than the 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
                I suspect I read a different edition from you.

I found them very good after the slow start, he didn't quite get the beginnings right.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

The original movies are in fact three hour each Swedish TV series' edited down. I've downloaded them to watch them after watching the movies but there's no subbies, only subbies for the 'edited down for the movie' version. Luckily you can kind of keep up remembering the movie and filling in the gaps with a bit of nous.

Books are a bit tugid, going off at all sorts of tangents, but as is normal, still better than the movies/TV series.

First one is best, second one rubbish and third one better. That goes for books/movies and telly series.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Not sure Hoolywoood can better the native DVDs.
                    WSGS. Read the books at the same time I saw the subtitled films.
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X