• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chirac walks out of talks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chirac walks out of talks

Chirac walks

What a douche nozzle.
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

This is why I dont see the EU ever becoming a threat to England...let alone America!

Leave it up to the [insert which ever EU country you want to rant against] to look after their national interests ahead of those of the EU!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
      This is why I dont see the EU ever becoming a threat to England...let alone America!

Leave it up to the [insert which ever EU country you want to rant against] to look after their national interests ahead of those of the EU!

Mailman
      For a change PostmanPrat makes a good point. The EU is never going to work as long as its individual members are working for their own interests and not the common good.

I say the UK should pull out.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I say we stay put. The EU has done a few good things and up until Blair renounced the rebate, the reasons for staying in far outweighed leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Antman
          I say we stay put. The EU has done a few good things and up until Blair renounced the rebate, the reasons for staying in far outweighed leaving.
          It is an expensive talking shop that has cost us a lot of money and destroyed many of our industries. Do you know any fishermen?
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

And those reasons would be?

Please expand, it's a dreich friday morning, I could do with a laugh.
            Why not?

Comment

Thanks to some EU banking services directive whose name I can't remember I can transfer 1000 euros from a Spanish bank acc. to a Belgian one and pay 4 euros in charges, previously it would cost me 25 euros and take upto 4 days

Comment

Well that's certainly worth the...

Thanks to some EU banking services directive whose name I can't remember I can transfer 1000 euros from a Spanish bank acc. to a Belgian one and pay 4 euros in charges, previously it would cost me 25 euros and take upto 4 days
                does anyone actually know how much we've pissed up the wall of the EU, excuse me, invested in the european partnership?
                Why not?

Comment

Lone gunman I agree it is a vastly overrated talking shop, there is too much bureaucracy.

Explain the fisherman point though

Comment

It's alright for you in Madrid, UK taxpayers are paying for all your roads. While you help yourselves to our fish.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X