• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Visiting 'family'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visiting 'family'

Just come home to discover that 8 Glaswegians have descended on my house. What's more they are staying until Sunday. I didn't even get a look in at the prawn crackers at tea.

Now 4 of those are family. The other four are friends of the family or 'practically' family as the wife and inlaws call them.

Bearing in mind I have nothing in common with the 'practically family', this is the third year in a row they have visited increasing the stay each time. I personally think it's odd to visit people in this way, whereas the inlaws are stating that they all do that in Scotland and it's perfectly normal. Two of them have even
    tagged on to my weekly snooker evening!!!

Is it normal or are they taking the piss?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Just come home to discover that 8 Glaswegians have descended on my house. What's more they are staying until Sunday. I didn't even get a look in at the prawn crackers at tea.

Now 4 of those are family. The other four are friends of the family or 'practically' family as the wife and inlaws call them.

Bearing in mind I have nothing in common with the 'practically family', this is the third year in a row they have visited increasing the stay each time. I personally think it's odd to visit people in this way, whereas the inlaws are stating that they all do that in Scotland and it's perfectly normal. Two of them have even

This is not normal. Cage fighter by day and pussywhipped at night huh?

Put your foot down you bedwetter.

Comment

mm, with that type of hand, I would bid two diamonds

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Bearing in mind I have nothing in common with the 'practically family', this is the third year in a row they have visited increasing the stay each time. I personally think it's odd to visit people in this way, whereas the inlaws are stating that they all do that in Scotland and it's perfectly normal
        This is a slippery slope MF. Getting shot of "practically family" is akin to getting rid of bindweed, particularly the glaswegian variety. If you are not firm it is only a small hop from gatecrashing your snooker evenings to pulling a train on your missus whilst emptying your drinks cabinet.
        A friend of mine had to get the Mafia involved in ridding himself of his "practically family", and it involved a fair amount of heavy artillery and the spilling of mucho claret!

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          This is a slippery slope MF. Getting shot of "practically family" is akin to getting rid of bindweed, particularly the glaswegian variety. If you are not firm it is only a small hop from gatecrashing your snooker evenings to pulling a train on your missus whilst emptying your drinks cabinet.
          A friend of mine had to get the Mafia involved in ridding himself of his "practically family", and it involved a fair amount of heavy artillery and the spilling of mucho claret!

HTH

SB, you clearly have experience of this. Is the fact that they are prepared to suffer a night out with MF a good sign or not?

Comment

The MF "practically family" let their hair down!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

The MF "practically family" let their hair down!!

Have told the 'family' that I have a Scottish mate in Devon who is 'practically family'. They have informed me that that means he is also 'family'. Shaun what's your address?

Comment

Lock up the booze and cheer up you old git!

+50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Totally normal, you are just a miserable fe<ker.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    Lock up the booze and cheer up you old git!

I'm meeting a mate to play snooker. The missus invited two of them to come with me. I've just gone to leave, they're not ready and asking me to wait for them.

FFFFFfffffffffggggggg!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X