• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Handheld Gaming Device

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handheld Gaming Device

I've decided to buy my first handheld gaming device, so need some advice as to what to get.

It needs to have a reasonably sized screen, big enough not to need my reading glasses to see it. It should connect to the interweb, have a good range of reasonably priced games, etc etc.

Not sure what else, as never had one before. Any suggestions what would be a good option?

A smartphone ?
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

If you're of an age to need reading glasses then as you play there will be a little voice inside your head saying "put it down and get on with some work".
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

ipod touch probably.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

What about an iPad? Ok, it won't fit in your pocket (unless you're a clown) but it's got the large screen and cheap games, Internet etc etc.
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

I'd suggest waiting until the release of the Sony NGP later this year before you decide.

Comment

Going purely on what my kids play with...

1) Nintendo DS (the old version). The battery lasts ages and there are loads of games. Rubbish for music & video

2) PSP. Loads of games and can do music & video

3) Ipod Touch. Does internet well but battery is rubbish

If they could only have one, it would be the DS. They are under 12 though, so you might be after different things.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                Going purely on what my kids play with...

1) Nintendo DS (the old version). The battery lasts ages and there are loads of games. Rubbish for music & video

2) PSP. Loads of games and can do music & video

3) Ipod Touch. Does internet well but battery is rubbish

If they could only have one, it would be the DS. They are under 12 though, so you might be after different things.
                Not sure about the net interface on 1 but I tried a PSP wirelessly to the internet and it was DIRE. Rubbish entry mechanism, certainly wouldn't get one for surfing the net, unless its been upgraded recently. Good games though, nice graphics, sound etc...

Ipod is fine and relatively easy to enter URLs etc..
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

How about Pandora?

OpenPandora

Comment

I have a lovely joystick. There is only one game but you never get bored of it.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X