• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

7 Years bad luck

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 Years bad luck

SY04 just broke the bedroom mirror. The game was to swing it back and fourth like a pendulum. The very moment he started doing it he was told to stop. Being 4, he thought this meant carry on until SY02 had crossed the room to clip him round the ear. During the room crossing the mirror departed it's hook and hit the deck.

So the question is, does SY04 get 7 years bad luck or do we inherit it as he is too young? (He is 4)

TIA

Suity

PS MF I'm in the market for a new bedroom mirror.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Slap the sprog, buy a new mirror & make your own luck
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
      Slap the sprog, buy a new mirror & make your own luck
      Start them young, eh?

Personally I'd be thankful that no-one was injured.

Comment

You can tell I was never meant for motherhood
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

It seems yo uhave have bad luck for several decades. It has nothing to do with mirrors. Just your destiny. Have a nice day.
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Surely a bedroom mirror should be on the ceiling, not the wall?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Start them young, eh?

Personally I'd be thankful that no-one was injured.
              Bedwetter

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Bedwetter
                Hey, if you want to beat your kids then go ahead, they're your kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Hey, if you want to beat your kids then go ahead, they're your kids.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    SY04 just broke the bedroom mirror. The game was to swing it back and fourth like a pendulum. The very moment he started doing it he was told to stop. Being 4, he thought this meant carry on until SY02 had crossed the room to clip him round the ear. During the room crossing the mirror departed it's hook and hit the deck.

So the question is, does SY04 get 7 years bad luck or do we inherit it as he is too young? (He is 4)

TIA

Suity

PS MF I'm in the market for a new bedroom mirror.
                    I'd say SY04 was pretty unlucky cos, his next 7 years started with a clip around the ear.
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X