• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hoarding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoarding

I have decided to do some tidying up.

Just had a look on one of my external hard disks. I have in addition to the service packs for VS6, the installers for VS2005, VS2008 and VS2010 Express + the debugging symbols for nearly every version of windows since XP SP2 + 6 different versions of the debugger + around 30 sun JVMs for windows & linux + well you get the idea. Similar story for Oracle DB 8i, 9i, 10g 11g installers for both windows and linux. And of course I have both 32 and 64 bit versions where appropriate.

Do I have a problem? Other than the obvious lack of disk space.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post

Just had a look on one of my external hard disks. I have in addition to the service packs for VS6, the installers for VS2005, VS2008 and VS2010 Express + the debugging symbols for nearly every version of windows since XP SP2 + 6 different versions of the debugger + around 30 sun JVMs for windows & linux + well you get the idea. Similar story for Oracle DB 8i, 9i, 10g 11g installers for both windows and linux. And of course I have both 32 and 64 bit versions where appropriate.

They'll come in handy at some stage.

Btw, have a word with Milan about your back-up strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      They'll come in handy at some stage.

Btw, have a word with Milan about your back-up strategy.
      I have multiple copies in multiple locations around 900km apart. I think I am going to be OK.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I have multiple copies in multiple locations around 900km apart. I think I am going to be OK.
        Can you hear that grinding noise...?

Comment

Can you hear that grinding noise...?
          Is your washing machine broken?

Comment

Is your washing machine broken?
            How the **** would I know? That's womans work!

Comment

How the **** would I know? That's womans work!
              Hello? Hello? I'm home from Belfast! Hello? Are you in dear? CM? Dear......dear?

Oh Fook.

What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Hello? Hello? I'm home from Belfast! Hello? Are you in dear? CM? Dear......dear?

Oh Fook.

Oi dickhead, before you start that bollocks, kindly ask the lady in question whether or not I'm allowed anywhere near the iron, ironing board, cooker or washing machine.

Comment

Oi dickhead, before you start that bollocks, kindly ask the lady in question whether or not I'm allowed anywhere near the iron, ironing board, cooker or washing machine.
                  Absolutly no fricking way. I'm totally anal about housework.

So far, in the 3 years we have been together, I've finally (only in the last couple of months) let him vaccum and only then he does it with supervision

However, after the thread yesterday about ironing, I'm seriously considering looking for an ironing lady.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Murphy's Law says that within a month of deleting your last copy of one of those, someone will pop up a requirement to rescue some legacy data, and that last copy would have been worth solid cash.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X