• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Olympic Tickets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympic Tickets

I didn't get any, nor did partner, ex-wife, nor anyone else I've asked so far. Is see the government was lucky with its application. Anyone here have any luck?

I think we got two out of 12 applied for. Don't know what event they are for but I definitely didn't get the eventing cross-country (venue is far too small for the purpose)

Edit: sorry to hear you didn't get any Moose. I reckon there might be a few more on sale later, after the test events. You'll also get first dibs on any unsold tickets. We're planning to go and watch the sailing (camping and a decnt pair of binoculars should do it). You can watch the cycling road racing and the marathon for free too.
    Last edited by Zippy; 2 June 2011, 15:47.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

We reckon two events out of 12 applied for. Can't tell what yet as a lot events had the same priced tickets.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        eventing cross-country
        Wouldn't that be a ground pass?
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Wouldn't that be a ground pass?
          Yep. They cost £55 which is how I know we didn't get 'em. They really missed a trick there as over 100,000 turn up to Badminton horse trials every year and they could have sold at least three times as many. Well done to the dimwits at LOCOG.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

The wife applied for £400 worth of various events, and we had £66 taken from the bank account yesterday.

Initial estimates are Tennis, first couple of rounds, or closing ceremony.
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
              The wife applied for £400 worth of various events, and we had £66 taken from the bank account yesterday.

Initial estimates are Tennis, first couple of rounds, or closing ceremony.
              Ooh fingers crossed for the closing ceremony. And at least we got something eh?

Anyone planning on going to the Paralympic games?
              +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

You can watch the cycling road racing and the marathon for free too.
                There is a loop around box hill, which I quite fancy going to watch. It also goes near our house when it leaves Richmond.

Yep. They cost £55 which is how I know we didn't get 'em. They really missed a trick there as over 100,000 turn up to Badminton horse trials every year and they could have sold at least three times as many. Well done to the dimwits at LOCOG.
                Where is it? Greenwich?

Can't please everybody all the time...

Comment

Tickets should have been put on auction with minimum price and top X highest bidders get tickets at the lowest price in the bid.

Comment

As I read earlier 'Boris' Johnson didn't get any. But then neither did Chris Broad, and neither did UK sportsmen competing at the games get any.

What seems a little odd is that these people are participating but yet their family cannot get tickets to see them! FFS! That's ******* outrageous.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X