• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bet you think you are pretty smart with that huge day rate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bet you think you are pretty smart with that huge day rate?

but there is a good chance you are tying your shoe laces wrong!

YouTube - ‪Terry Moore: How to tie your shoes‬‏

I'm wearing slip-ons
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I appear to be tying the strong form already. I make the first bow on the right and the loop around that in a natural way. This knot stays transverse with the shoe when stressed. Whereas if I continue starting with the right bow as before and instead loop around it the unnatural way round, the knot goes to tulip and rotates to the longitudinal direction when stressed.

Comment

You can achieve the same effect by reversing the direction of the initial intertwining of laces. I thought everyone knew this.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

For an absurdly dull subject that was entertaining, good find.

Comment

Too hot for shoes, i'm wearing sandals.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

As a kid I was taught that method shown in video and thought it was daft. I have been doing it my own way ever since. Double both ends equally, tie those loops with normal knot. Simples.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

knotty

Goon: How many years experience do you have tying your shoelaces?
                Me: Well, let me see, I spend about two minutes a day on it... multiply by ten thousand days... um, very nearly a whole month's experience I bet! That's pretty good!
                Goon: I'm sorry, our client is looking for twenty years experience with KNOTS.
                Me: You don't understand! That's not the core skill! That part of the job description is trivial like reading email or writing HTML.
                Goon: Er, is it? Sure, ok, I know that, but it's not about what I want. It's what my client wants. How many years experience do you have reading email?
                Der going over der to get der der's.

Comment

Working...
                X