• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B - Could be construed as slightly "dodgy"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B - Could be construed as slightly "dodgy"

Going on the back of BBC News - Take That tickets: Police investigate complaints and the recent hoo ha around Olympic tickets would it be possible to set up a website that sold tickets for an multiple events at face value only, take applications and most importantly punters money, then just before the event refund the money in full saying that demand has exceeded the allocation.

As these events are announced months in advance you could use the money to invest in some pretty safe markets and make a profit before returning it.

If you add something in the T&C's saying an order does not guarantee a ticket, would you be covered as long as all money is refunded? You can try and cover yourself by securing a few genuine tickets and when the federales come knocking on your door you can explain that you do deliver tickets when you can obtain them
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Going on the back of BBC News - Take That tickets: Police investigate complaints and the recent hoo ha around Olympic tickets would it be possible to set up a website that sold tickets for an multiple events at face value only, take applications and most importantly punters money, then just before the event refund the money in full saying that demand has exceeded the allocation.

As these events are announced months in advance you could use the money to invest in some pretty safe markets and make a profit before returning it.

If you add something in the T&C's saying an order does not guarantee a ticket, would you be covered as long as all money is refunded? You can try and cover yourself by securing a few genuine tickets and when the federales come knocking on your door you can explain that you do deliver tickets when you can obtain them

Then you could send them a refund cheque using the company name "Arsetickling Faggot Accessories" and see if anyone cashes it.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

You've merely confirmed that my initial opinion of you was indeed correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Genius entrepreneur or 'voted most likely to be raped by a con called Big George in the prison showers'?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I feel so wounded that I have lost the faith of some random, faceless person on a message board who I will never meet or probably wouldn't even recognise if we were contracting together at the same ClientCo. I will sleep tonight on a tear soaked pillow at the indignation that you don't love me any more, I shall withdraw into a cycle of drinking and class B drugs, unfortunatly my looks will dry up and I will no longer be able to afford to fund my habit in the "conventional" way so desperate for money, I resort to prostitution, but am assaulted and robbed by a gang of thugs. I attempt to scam a drug dealer by selling him a half-kilo of baking soda disguised as cocaine for $5,000. The sale seems to have been executed smoothly, but am expectedly robbed by a friend, and am killed in the ensuing gunfight.

Oh hang on that's the out come for Dirk Diggler in the film Boogie Nights, so perhaps I'll just shurg and say "meh and your point is".

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I feel so wounded that I have lost the faith of some random, faceless person on a message board who I will never meet or probably wouldn't even recognise if we were contracting together at the same ClientCo. I will sleep tonight on a tear soaked pillow at the indignation that you don't love me any more, I shall withdraw into a cycle of drinking and class B drugs, unfortunatly my looks will dry up and I will no longer be able to afford to fund my habit in the "conventional" way so desperate for money, I resort to prostitution, but am assaulted and robbed by a gang of thugs. I attempt to scam a drug dealer by selling him a half-kilo of baking soda disguised as cocaine for $5,000. The sale seems to have been executed smoothly, but am expectedly robbed by a friend, and am killed in the ensuing gunfight.

Oh hang on that's the out come for Dirk Diggler in the film Boogie Nights, so perhaps I'll just shurg and say "meh and your point is".
            Personally, I find it best not to take on Churchy!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Genius entrepreneur or 'voted most likely to be raped by a con called Big George in the prison showers'?
              Close, that SimonMac is indeed an anagram of "a con called Big George" if you add some letters and remove a few others.

Say hello to him when you two meet

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Personally, I find it best not to take on Churchy!!
                To be honest I am not trying to?!

Comment

Close, that SimonMac is indeed an anagram of "a con called Big George" if you add some letters and remove a few others.

Say hello to him when you two meet
                  I've always found Big George a kind and gentle lover

Comment

To be honest I am not trying to?!
                    Why? Do you reckon you could take him do you? Spank him like a little boy?

You're on thin ice there fella.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X