• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here speak Welsh?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here speak Welsh?

I don't, but starting in Wales on Mon, thinking it might be prudent to learn the Welsh for 'highly paid English Contractor' so I can spot it at the bus stop when they talk about me.

I've downloaded the latest 'Pobol Y Cwm Omnibws' and I hope to be up to speed by Corrie time tonight.

It's usually something like 'llsfdrfr highly paid cefradd contractor, look you' right?

I like to stay one step behind...

I don't, but starting in Wales on Mon, thinking it might be prudent to learn the Welsh for 'highly paid English Contractor'
    Jones the Contractor.

hth
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Nonsense! You don't want to be speaking their language.
      Simply say everything slowly and clearly in English - they'll love it as they don't get to meet exotic foreign types very often.

btw, if your contract is in Caernarfon the above advice does not apply. Just keep your gob shut and don't go up into the hills.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        Nonsense! You don't want to be speaking their language.
        Simply say everything slowly and clearly in English - they'll love it as they don't get to meet exotic foreign types very often.

btw, if your contract is in Caernarfon the above advice does not apply. Just keep your gob shut and don't go up into the hills.
        Or the Valleys, or anywhere else for that matter
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Or the Valleys, or anywhere else for that matter
          WDS

Stick to the road....................

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Bore da.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Shut that door open

Who belongs to this?
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

You only need 2 phrases . . .

"Whose coat is this 'anging up on the floor?"

and

"Whose knives and forks are these spoons?"

Sorted. HTH
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

My mother speaks Welsh. She took lessons when she moved to Anglesey.

But then again she's an elitist snob.

Comment

"Now in a minute".
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X