• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you take a German contract now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you take a German contract now?

A bit worrying - all this EColi business, especially as they can no longer pin it down to one foodstuff, the cucumber. If you're contracting, you're dependent on eating out a lot. So would you? Are you feeling lucky? It would certainly rule out the kebabs, and I'm not sure I could survive for long on Pommes mit CurryWurst.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    A bit worrying - all this EColi business, especially as they can no longer pin it down to one foodstuff, the cucumber. If you're contracting, you're dependent on eating out a lot. So would you? Are you feeling lucky? It would certainly rule out the kebabs, and I'm not sure I could survive for long on Pommes mit CurryWurst.
    I would! Stick to the Pferdewurst and it's fine.

Comment

I've managed to get through the last 2 1/2 years without eating cucumber. It's not that hard.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        I've managed to get through the last 2 1/2 years without eating cucumber. It's not that hard.
        They've cleared the cucumber. I reckon it must be the salad dressing - which is why women have been the big victims.
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          What's DE for cucumber?

Quick!

Comment

Say what you like about Greggs, but they seem to feed the population without these scares. Or mebbe their customers die of heart attacks before they get chance to contract Ecoli.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              What's DE for cucumber?

Quick!
              Is it Guerke (a guess btw)?

Comment

What's DE for cucumber?

Quick!
                Salat Gurke or something like that.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

What's DE for cucumber?

Quick!
                  Die Gurke, plural Gurken. Cucumber salad = der Gurkensalat.

You could try pickled ones, gherkins in English.
                  Last edited by Sysman; 2 June 2011, 21:28.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post

They've cleared the cucumber. I reckon it must be the salad dressing - which is why women have been the big victims.
                    Interesting theory, but ..

Although they _say_ they've cleared the Spanish cucumber, perhaps the Germans were right the first time but EU functionaries shouted them down and suppressed it to avoid increasing unemployment in Spain.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X