• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT Contractor with unreasonable "Business" Contractor in charge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT Contractor with unreasonable "Business" Contractor in charge

Hello People!,
    I very rarely post and don't read this board often!, But the few times in the past I've found most the responses helpful!. It's always good to get other opinions (IMHO)!.

Anyway let me explain my situation and the "issue"

1. Long time permy employ at Company A (10 years), left for dream permy job at Company B
    2. 2 Years at company B due to personal issue (i.e. money!) started looking for a contract, coincidently someone at Company A said they have serious issues and would I like a contract.
    3. Start contract at Company A, six month's in renewed, constant praise, everyone loves me, etc etc etc.
    4. 3 Years later now on a contract without a termination date (6 months notice period to terminate on either side)
    5. Most people I knew have moved off to project A, and project B, etc, I get very little contact from others.
    6. 1 Year ago new "business" contractor brought in so permy people can work on Project A and Project B without having to handle the legacy system (the one I'm a contractor on)
    7. New "business" contractor makes wilde accusations, only either verbally, to me, saying things's like I'm going to be terminated soon (he was informing me as a friend), that he's had complaints I'm uncontactable, he's had complaint's I don't answer email's, I'm difficult and unfriendly to work with.
    8. Quite shocked, I email asking for specific's and he's yet to reply and from previous "issues" he won't say particulars in email's only "over the phone in a friendly contractor to contractor way".

He mentioned one insident where I didn't reply to an email for 3 days, I explained that's bound to happen and every does he, he said that's not what my contract say's (it doesn't mention any timelines or availability at all).

Personally I think he's on a power trip and its bugging the hell out of me, the problem is he's drawing me in "emotionally" by saying things like "infriendly", "difficult" which is obviously clouding my logical thought process!.

Any tips/advice would be greatful received as he is in the office everyday and I work remotely so his "words" are bound to negatively influence the people who sign off my invoices!..

Regards

Paul

I can't be bothered to read all that.

Sound bites please, we are the BGT/X Factor/Big Brother generation here. Ideally in txt spk.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I can't be bothered to read all that.

Sound bites please, we are the BGT/X Factor/Big Brother generation here. Ideally in txt spk.
      A$$ c'ractor b g£t on me t!ts..

Is that okay?

Comment

Originally posted by pauljh View Post
        A$$ c'ractor b g£t on me t!ts..

Is that okay?
        Man up and either knock his lights out (it works, just ask MF) or keep quiet and remain his bitch for life (it works, just ask sasguru).

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Man up and either knock his lights out (it works, just ask MF) or keep quiet and remain his bitch for life (it works, just ask sasguru).
          WHSIS.

You've been there a longtime so you have the 'friend' thing going on. Contractors dont need friends.

If he's not your boss, feck him.

Thank him for his feedback & you'll take it on board. Otherwise just get on with your gig and ignore him. If he keeps on, explain to him that it's difficult to swim with concrete boots on and tell him to feck off.

If he is your boss, feck him, you're fecked. Tell him to feck off and then feck off.

hth

MF
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Did he give you five dorrah special?

If so, he maybe love you longtime.

Comment

TBH, I haven't read the thread, I've got iPads to think about haven't I Mike?

Anyway, is this not just a bit of a whinge?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                TBH, I haven't read the thread, I've got iPads to think about haven't I Mike?

Anyway, is this not just a bit of a whinge?
                Pretty much, someone is pissing him off, not quite sure who, not quite sure I care
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

He sounds like a

Just think of the invoicing. That's all that matters.

Also, the next time he raises these issues, tell him to mind his own business. What has it got to do with him? He's a contractor like you so tell him to sod off.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

2 options:

ignore what he says and tell him where to go

or

ignore what he says but pay lip service to him

i'd go for the second, if he's not your boss then perhaps the first but no need for it really
                    sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Working...
                    X