• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family feud

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family feud

Had a very bitter dark side to my nice break in Florida.

On the last evening we had a pool bbq at the villa we were renting and had a few of the wedding people over, so pretty much immediate family with distance family. All nice decent people.

My niece pushed back on a plastic chair that her parents knew she was sat on, and fell backwards hitting her head on the floor. A complete accident, I just happened to be by her at the time. I did the correct first aid etc, but the father was totally freaking out shouting and blaming me. I accepted this as part of the shock, so emailed a couple of days later to make peace.

Got a completely angry blaming email back, which he cc’d to my mother, who has now emailed it over to the rest of the family, so everyone now can see how crazily angry he is, so that has somewhat backfired. (They live in Bermuda otherwise I would go over for a chat if more local).

I can see why he may think why I am to blame, but not willing to let him bully me into a false apology.

Niece made a good recovery – I got ice on her head straight away, and a family member is an A&E doctor who said she was totally fine, but because the father was yelling and freaking out, this made my niece freak out as well, resulting in a pointless trip to the Florida casualty unit who sent them straight back home.

They are moving to UK (Well, Dublin) around September time, so plenty of time to consider an appropriate plan of attack, and also niece's birthday in August so a good opportunity to keep in touch then.

Any ideas?

Reply to every one and point out that his reaction is quite natural from a parent who has seen their child get hurt because they weren't looking after them properly. Suggest he stops being such an angry prick and says thank you for administering first aid.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      Had a very bitter dark side to my nice break in Florida.

On the last evening we had a pool bbq at the villa we were renting and had a few of the wedding people over, so pretty much immediate family with distance family. All nice decent people.

My niece pushed back on a plastic chair that her parents knew she was sat on, and fell backwards hitting her head on the floor. A complete accident, I just happened to be by her at the time. I did the correct first aid etc, but the father was totally freaking out shouting and blaming me. I accepted this as part of the shock, so emailed a couple of days later to make peace.

Got a completely angry blaming email back, which he cc’d to my mother, who has now emailed it over to the rest of the family, so everyone now can see how crazily angry he is, so that has somewhat backfired. (They live in Bermuda otherwise I would go over for a chat if more local).

I can see why he may think why I am to blame, but not willing to let him bully me into a false apology.

Niece made a good recovery – I got ice on her head straight away, and a family member is an A&E doctor who said she was totally fine, but because the father was yelling and freaking out, this made my niece freak out as well, resulting in a pointless trip to the Florida casualty unit who sent them straight back home.

They are moving to UK (Well, Dublin) around September time, so plenty of time to consider an appropriate plan of attack, and also niece's birthday in August so a good opportunity to keep in touch then.

Any ideas?
      Dublin is not part of the UK.

The rest of your story is a complete fabrication.

You're a tedious twat.

Do you need any more ideas? I've got tuliploads of 'em.

Comment

Welcome back Wilmslow and thank you for your great story!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          They are moving to UK (Well, Dublin)
          Any advice I was going to give you won't ever happen now.

Dublin isn't part of the UK.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Any advice I was going to give you won't ever happen now.

Comment

I find this difficult to believe. Wilmslow and a prone child knocked unconcious and then administering first aid?? Was your penis the magic antidote?
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

And that your Honour is how my client ended up with his penis embedded in a 12 year-old girl.

Still, it was in Florida and they were related.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  And that your Honour is how my client ended up with his penis embedded in a 12 year-old girl.

Still, it was in Florida and they were related.
                  Is it legal in Florida? I thought that was the state next door.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    Is it legal in Florida? I thought that was the state next door.
                    In-bred yanks, same same.

Comment

Working...
                    X