• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scottish Numpty Party

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scottish Numpty Party

Alex Salmond of the Scottish National Party was just on TV criticising the 'policies from London', rubishing the English (as usual), and crowing how the Scots had invented the Bank of England....

Erm... so its the English that are 'holding back Scotland' ...

But hang on... El Gordo (Chancellor) is from.... Lord Falconer (Moron) is from... John Reid (Secreteray of State for Health) is from... Alastair Campbells dad was from... oh and that lovely Tony Blair (Imperious Leader) is from.....

Scotland.

Doh!
    Vieze Oude Man

It's true !

It's funny but true : A Scotsman was the first Governor of the Bank of England and an Englishman set up the Bank of Scotland !
    Mate, I've worked in Scotland on a couple of contracts and I've never had a problem. The Scots are pro-british, despite any misconceptions they may have about the english.
    The other day someone in the forum was referring to them as jocks/sweaties/etc, at least they don't have/use as many insults as the english do to describe them !

Comment

I live in Scotland.... believe me, they do....
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

How come Gordo dont have no Scottish accent?

An aunty of mine that had lived in NZ for nearly 80 years before her death had the heaviest Scottish accent Ive ever come across! So whats Gordo's excuse for not having an accent? Embarrased about where he comes from perhaps?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
          I live in Scotland.... believe me, they do....

par exemple...?

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
            How come Gordo dont have no Scottish accent?

An aunty of mine that had lived in NZ for nearly 80 years before her death had the heaviest Scottish accent Ive ever come across! So whats Gordo's excuse for not having an accent? Embarrased about where he comes from perhaps?

Mailman
            Erm, but he has.

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
              Erm... so its the English that are 'holding back Scotland' ...
              Um, yes, actually. The fact that a number of government ministers are from Scotland or have connections from there does not change that.

Comment

Well we know the solution

Originally posted by expat
                Um, yes, actually. The fact that a number of government ministers are from Scotland or have connections from there does not change that.
                Real devolution.
                This halfway-house just annoys everybody (except the political classes)
                Why not?

Comment

Working...
                X