• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cider as a remedy for a sore throat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cider as a remedy for a sore throat

When I get a sore throat, I always use cider to ease the pain (it works), but get quite pissed as a result. Have a very sore throat at the moment, and henceforth am pretty muzzy.

Need to make sure I don't go and buy something silly. Like a new watch perhaps.

Whiskey is better. As well as dulling the pain, in sufficient quantities it ensures that you won't be too keen on shopping tomorrow, and you certainly won't want to buy something that keeps ticking.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

What is the dose?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        What is the dose?
        I lost count after 4 cans. Maybe 6. No idea really.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
          I lost count after 4 cans. Maybe 6. No idea really.
          Cans? Real cider doesn't come in cans.

http://www.ukcider.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Real_Cider

Then you won't get that awful hangover and you can enjoy your shiny watch.

Ps, I'd get this one - ROLEX MILGAUSS WATCH - ROLEX Timeless Luxury Watches
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

http://www.ukcider.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Real_Cider

Then you won't get that awful hangover and you can enjoy your shiny watch.

Ps, I'd get this one - ROLEX MILGAUSS WATCH - ROLEX Timeless Luxury Watches
            Too right re the hangover. Not helped by roadworks starting outside at 06:30. On a Sunday FFS!

Nice watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
              Not helped by roadworks starting outside at 06:30. On a Sunday FFS!
              That sort of thing should be illegal. Actually, I think it is in some places.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                If you can buy wine in cans you can buy 'real' cider that way, if anyone does is another matter. But I bet someone sells cans of still cider, weird as that would be.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  If you can buy wine in cans you can buy 'real' cider that way, if anyone does is another matter. But I bet someone sells cans of still cider, weird as that would be.
                  You can buy sandwiches in cans, rather proving that just because you can do it doesn't mean you should
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Who mentioned 'should'?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X