• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

O'Hare International Airport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O'Hare International Airport

Is it just me or if Chicago's international airport website a little crap? Or have I indeed missed something...

Chicago Department of Aviation
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

You whine too much.

Did I mention I don't like you?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      You whine too much.

Did I mention I don't like you?

I'm British it's what we do.

Emotion are not a prerequisite for posting, nevertheless, may your round parts grow cubic and fester at the corners.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Don't you dare hiding behind stereotypes - you are a cowardly whiny supposedly "charging high rates in euros" whino, ffs - given your boasts about how much you supposedly "earn" in euro land you should be using NetJets like very self respecting contractor starting with DimPrawn and ending with sasguru

Comment

It's a bit crap if you prize looks over information. On the other hand, it seems to put all the ways to access the information you might actually need right up front, where such ways ought to be.

Not knowing any flight numbers I wasn't able to search specifically on those, but it gave me information on every damn flight it had when I left the form blank and hit the button, which is better than many such sites.

It also uses one's default browser font size, rather than forcing one to endure whatever some designer in their early twenties likes to see on the super-duper monitor they themselves have, which is normally about 9px and entirely useless to anybody over the age of forty-five even if they have hipster frames on their spectacles.

I loathe drop-down menus on web sites but theirs don't try to do smartarse tulip like animating, and the "Business Information" menu has "Contracting Opportunities" as its first option - in Chicago that probably means dumpsters or suchlike rather than anything we might be up to, but at least the opportunity is there.

Overall, it's like one of those places where the receptionist is a bit plain but gets things done: much better than a place with a stunner on the desk who can't even dial the extension of the person you need to see.

The information is there and you can access it. If you find the information unacceptable because the entity that delivers it hasn't shaved its legs, I would suggest that your priorities are wrong.

Comment

It looks alright to me.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

It's functional. I'd rather have a simple, usable site than an artwork you'd spend ages trying to navigate.
              There is the 'aesthetic effect' to consider - where a site's perceived usability is greater, the more beautiful the design... but this site is simple enough for that not to be too much of a factor. My favourite part of the site is the Terminal Tunes section - where you can search for music you heard by date/time/terminal. Cheese-tastic. O'Hare Music Tracker

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                It's a bit crap if you prize looks over information. On the other hand, it seems to put all the ways to access the information you might actually need right up front, where such ways ought to be.

Not knowing any flight numbers I wasn't able to search specifically on those, but it gave me information on every damn flight it had when I left the form blank and hit the button, which is better than many such sites.
                I am reminded of one wintry weekend when weather reports had me checking Manchester Airport to see if it would be open.

It wouldn't let me in without creating an account, and once I'd done that I found it simply awful,

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                It also uses one's default browser font size, rather than forcing one to endure whatever some designer in their early twenties likes to see on the super-duper monitor they themselves have, which is normally about 9px and entirely useless to anybody over the age of forty-five even if they have hipster frames on their spectacles.
                My all time prize went to an HP network management program. It was obvious that it had been developed on a whacking great screen, and this was at a time when you were lucky to have anything larger than a 14" CRT monitor on a typical office desk.

Compaq, used a font size of 1 on its web site and refused to change it, in spite of many complaints. I'd regularly copy and paste stuff into a text editor to read it.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

So where on this marvellous website can I find the destinations it serves?

Is a left luggage facility available?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Emotion are not a prerequisite for posting, nevertheless, may your round parts grow cubic and fester at the corners.

Emotion's are or Emotion is
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X