• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another house price thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another house price thread

I wash just having a look at house prices in the posh parts of Munich, and I decided to have a look at some of the further out places. Not ridiculously far out, but places I have been on my bike. They were quite cheap, so I had a look at some further out places, just to see how stupidly cheap it could get.

I could buy a family house within an hour or so of work for €100k.

You can also buy whole blocks of flats here, which is quite interesting.

I'm off to have a look around the rest of Germany now.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Quick buy it now or it will gone in a putsch knowing Munich
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
      Quick buy it now or it will gone in a putsch knowing Munich
      This was in a village outside of Augsburg.

Just having a look in some other states, you can get a 200 square meter 8 room house for less than €50k in Baden Wattenburg if you don't mind living in the middle of nowhere.

Haus kaufen Baden-Württemberg: Häuser zum Kauf in Baden-Württemberg bei Immobilien Scout24

Is there anywhere that cheap in the UK even in the crappy parts? A 2 up 2 down in a drab part of the midlands costs twice that.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

You could get a house that cheap in the uk, but only somewhere completely tulip with no employment anywhere reasonably close
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

You could get a house that cheap in the uk, but only somewhere completely tulip with no employment anywhere reasonably close
          I expect that is a factor here as well. Ideal if you could work from home though.

Comment

Just.

Search results in NE
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Do you mean like in Newcastle?

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Is there anywhere that cheap in the UK even in the crappy parts? A 2 up 2 down in a drab part of the midlands costs twice that.
                House prices are far lower in Germany than the UK, largely due to the fact that in Germany, rents are held down by the Mieterbund (tenants union).
                "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                  House prices are far lower in Germany than the UK, largely due to the fact that in Germany, rents are held down by the Mieterbund (tenants union).
                  And maybe also because locals prefer to invest money into some productive assets that earn money and prosper the nation, rather than engage in zero sum property spekulation.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    And maybe also because locals prefer to invest money into some productive assets that earn money and prosper the nation, rather than engage in zero sum property spekulation.
                    No, that's unlikely. If buying property was a way to make money, people would be doing it.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X