• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This town ahh ahh, is coming like a ghost town...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This town ahh ahh, is coming like a ghost town...

<deleted>
    Last edited by Bwana; 2 June 2022, 18:19.
    Bwana

Interesting. Incidentally, I was in Tyneham a couple of weeks back. Started off in Kimmeridge Bay, went and had a look round the village (quite fascinating) and looped back round to Kimmeridge where we had a fantastic cup of coffee and the best Corset apple cake I've ever had.

Incidentally, did you know there's another 'lost' village near Warminster in Wiltshire called Imber. Was commandeered by the army during the war with the proviso that it would be returned to its residents upon conclusion of hostilities. Like Tyneham, it never was.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
      Interesting. Incidentally, I was in Tyneham a couple of weeks back. Started off in Kimmeridge Bay, went and had a look round the village (quite fascinating) and looped back round to Kimmeridge where we had a fantastic cup of coffee and the best Corset apple cake I've ever had.
      Were you "basque"ing in sunshine too?
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post

Incidentally, did you know there's another 'lost' village near Warminster in Wiltshire called Imber. Was commandeered by the army during the war with the proviso that it would be returned to its residents upon conclusion of hostilities. Like Tyneham, it never was.
        They also tested nerve agents and other chemical weapons on the coast there, and back in the 70s I remember being able to find massive naval shells on the beaches near there so I assume their aim was a bit off in a scary kind of way
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

If you include villages, there's also a former slate mine village on the North Wales coast.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Southport - Land of the Dead!

It isn't a ghost town but it bloody should be.

Comment

Working...
            X