• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

B&B / cheap nice central hotel in London?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B&B / cheap nice central hotel in London?

Off to London for a weekend break with friends at the end of July.

Travelodge triple rooms are sold out, only doubles, so we are after an alternative place to stay.

Even Late Rooms is throwing up silly high prices, we are just after a central crash pad as we will be out and about all the time.

Other than Premier Inn at £115 per night, any other ideas?

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Travelodge triple rooms are sold out, only doubles, so we are after an alternative place to stay.

Even Late Rooms is throwing up silly high prices, we are just after a central crash pad as we will be out and about all the time.

You might find something by the hour in Kings Cross, otherwise that sounds like a good deal.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Try Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express.

Alternatively, The Rathbone in Rathbone St or The Rembrandt in Kensington - I've used both in the past and negotiated good deals direct with the hotel.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Oi Wilmslow, stop whinging like a permy...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Oi Wilmslow, stop whinging like a permy...
          Well, I am going with a teacher, so we need something fairly reasonably priced!!

Come on ShareSave.......

Comment

how close to the centre do you need to be ?

I might let you borrow my little black book full of old-ladies-with-a-spare-room

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

£115 for 2 people and your own bathroom is a good price, I'd book it before the price rises
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Surely it depends how close you want to be to the city centre. We stayed in the holiday Inn near Kingscross in a triple room when I first started down here. That wasn't hugely expensive, but I think I had to use their website rather than a hotels.com type thing. Also, when we went to the Rugby a few months ago we stayed at the Novotel out near Heathrow. That was only about 60 a night including breakfast for a double room which included a sofa bed.

Also, all the hotel comparison sites offer about 10% cashback via quidco and the like.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

When ever I go to that there London town I stay here

Club Quarters - London, Gracechurch
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    £115 for 2 people and your own bathroom is a good price, I'd book it before the price rises

I would not want to share a room with Wilmslow for any money, even considering that he is imaginary sockie...

Comment

Working...
                    X