• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I was tooted at today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was tooted at today

And not in a nice way.

Stopped at traffic lights at 6.30 this morning and had a White van insistently using his horn.

I had no indicators blinking and had checked the boot before I left so I couldn't think why he'd want to warn me. I looked at him and shrugged this back to him.

He then signalled the usual expletives. With an absolutely straight face. No wink and leer, nothing.

Fortunately he was also on his mobile so I was able to signal before toeing it for the motorway while he decided what to do next.

Why do some men think that this is entertainment?

(I'll be leaving for work 10 minutes early tomorrow just in case he has indeed decided what to do next...)
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

When people do that to me I usually get out and ask them what their problem is. Then again being built like a house has its advantages.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      And not in a nice way.

Stopped at traffic lights at 6.30 this morning and had a White van insistently using his horn.

I had no indicators blinking and had checked the boot before I left so I couldn't think why he'd want to warn me. I looked at him and shrugged this back to him.

He then signalled the usual expletives. With an absolutely straight face. No wink and leer, nothing.

Fortunately he was also on his mobile so I was able to signal before toeing it for the motorway while he decided what to do next.

Why do some men think that this is entertainment?

(I'll be leaving for work 10 minutes early tomorrow just in case he has indeed decided what to do next...)
      Sorry to hear this. I remember when someone tried this on my housemate from New York in the streets of North London. She banged on the guys door shouting, 'You have no f***ing respect for women, what the f*** do you think you're doing, get out your f***ing van and say that to my face like a man.' He shrank behind his wheel and muttered some apologies and left with an enhanced respect for women.

Comment

You need to become more proficient with your use of hand signals and gestures.

You could have used the (hand to head and then long elongated movement of masturbating to signify 'dickhead')

Then point at him, then show your wrist in a limp way, then point at him mouthing the words 'That's you that is'

And finally point with your finger again, pop your tongue in the side of your mouth and then move your other hand in a backwards and forwards movement while pushing your tongue in and out of your cheek, this is used to signify 'fella, you suck dick'

Feel free to use these in combination before booting the car into a low gear, hitting the horn, swerving and sticking a middle finger up which basically signifies ('learn to drive you mofo')

hth

MF
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Aye Cojak, it's a sad reflection of modern society when men can't even think of a decent one liner to go with their leering.

To my mind it's just laziness.

If you can't be bothered to add a little bit of "Bet you don't get many of 'em to the pound" followed by a Sid James laugh then there's really no point.

Comment

I sometimes wonder if women like to be wolf-whistled at, it's kind of a compliment. Come on girls let us know.

Comment

As I sat at traffic lights watching the lights go from red to green and back to red, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and rude gesturing? Sometimes driving to work seems this way.

Jack Handey

Comment

Hmm - doesn't work so well on a bike. A few months back had some guys hooting and shouting obscenities as they passed. Gave them the usual one fingered salute (the type of complicated gestures involving both hands as described by MF aren't recommended when cycling). A bit further on they had pulled over and the passenger was pissing at the side of the road. I backed up my gesture with a verbal insult, then realised they were indeed going to need to drive past me again. When they did, no hooting or shouting, but the passenger lobbed a bloody great stick (more a branch) out the window which hit me on the arm. Not really hurt, but it shook me up proper. I took his number and called the police. They were not interested, but said they'd "make a note of it".

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Sorry to hear this. I remember when someone tried this on my housemate from New York in the streets of North London. She banged on the guys door shouting, 'You have no f***ing respect for women, what the f*** do you think you're doing, get out your f***ing van and say that to my face like a man.' He shrank behind his wheel and muttered some apologies and left with an enhanced respect for women.
                  I like that route but I had visions of being run off the road. Sadly, although discretion is the better part of valour it's also the biggest chunk of common sense survival
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I sometimes have this happen to me when I go jogging, anyone know why? I've also had eggs and drinks thrown at me too. Like if I cut someone up fine , I can expect abuse, but when I'm not doing anything and get abuse I just don't get it /

Comment

Working...
                    X