• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will AtW retire when he hits 25,000?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will AtW retire when he hits 25,000?

Is it a record?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Zeitghost is appraching 50k
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
      Is it a record?
      The original plan was to ban him on 24999 but from the last CUK Founders meeting we agreed that an additional rule be added to the new post code of

If Poster = 'AtW' and postcount + 1 = 25000 then postcount = postcount - 1
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        If Poster = 'AtW' and postcount + 1 = 25000 then postcount = postcount - 1
        You weren't lying when you said you'd forgotten how to write code.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I was just thinking that myself.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            That's how I write pseudo code to get a point over. Plus if I'd known it was a test i would have studied.

:-)

Comment

That's how I write pseudo code to get a point over. Plus if I'd known it was a test i would have studied.

:-)
              Assuming you meant to leave him stuck on 24999, it's actually wrong.

Sadly an awful lot of developers will just transpose that into language X and think no more of it.

I would have gone for something along the lines of

if poster != AtW or postcount < 25000 then postcount++ else raise error "sofa so good my squirrel loving friend!"
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Assuming you meant to leave him stuck on 24999, it's actually wrong.

Sadly an awful lot of developers will just transpose that into language X and think no more of it.

I would have gone for something along the lines of

if poster != AtW or postcount < 25000 then postcount++ else raise error "sofa so good my squirrel loving friend!"
                Oh I fecking hate developers.

Comment

Considering he promised to leave for good when he had 1 post under 13k, then came back a few weeks later I'd take any implications of retirement with a massive pinch of salt.

Comment

Oh I fecking hate developers.
                    I bet they feel the same way for a PM who exasperatedly says later "it was obvious what I meant"
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X